back to phase 1

I was doing awesome, really feeling good after about 5 weeks NC. I found out today she has a new bf and I am crushed. I burned away everything left I had that reminded me of her and need to move on. It just hurts so bad knowing she could forget me this easily. I almost want her to try and talk to me so i can tell her I never want to see her again. Oh well, i wish I was still in the Marine Corps so I could not have to be at home alone feeling like this. My advice for myself, I am staying single forever

Maybe on the days you find yourself thinking about it too much you can come up with some workout/drills to knock those thoughts out. Call it your own little boot camp designed especially for Marine0311, Boot "my own ass" camp. Terrible joke, I'm sorry :p

Do find a way to keep yourself busy. I know hearing an ex is with someone else sucks but the best way to get over it is really to kick your own ass and keep busy. Eventually you will meet someone else and won't think much about your ex again, if at all.

I feel your pain, I'm going through the same thing. I had been making really good progress from the breakup, I started a morning running regimen and ran a 5K, I got into a weight lifting routine, and I was reconnecting with old friends, some of whom I hadn't seen since high school.

All that work came crashing down when my Ex posted a new Facebook profile picture showing her making out with some guy. Not sure if she put it up to spite me, or just because she really moved on, but either way it hurt like hell.

I feel like I'm back at zero, where my insomnia is so intense that I'm lucky to pull off 2 hours of sleep a night. My mood swings are actually worse this time around, I could be fine one moment, then five minutes later the tears come out of nowhere.

It's gonna be hard regaining everything that I achieved, but I'm gonna put in double effort, and I bet you can too!

• Author

i feel your pain brother it really hurts.. we just have to move on and forget then it is the only way