Guys me out, what does he mean with this

After unfinished conversation I started few days ago, he then emailed me. I'm confused and do not know what he meant and what to do..

He says; I know how much you love me, I loved you but the fight changed my feeling. You are the most strongest woman I ever met and you have a big heart, I wish you to move on, I always there for you. I never meant to hurt you. I truly loved you and you know that.

I didn't reply and the next day he wrote: Please forgive me, and forgive yourself for the mistakes we made, we should normalize our relationship as friends.

The words "I always there for you", "we should normalize our relationship as friends" got me really confused! I don't know what to do and can't stop thinking of it. I think of him in every time and every step of my day this past 8 months I'm still and still have him on my mind and he's the first person I think of when I wake up in the morning. Any opinion on what I should reply to him please?

After unfinished conversation I started few days ago, he then emailed me. I'm confused and do not know what he meant and what to do..

He says; I know how much you love me, I loved you but the fight changed my feeling. You are the most strongest woman I ever met and you have a big heart, I wish you to move on, I always there for you. I never meant to hurt you. I truly loved you and you know that.

I didn't reply and the next day he wrote: Please forgive me, and forgive yourself for the mistakes we made, we should normalize our relationship as friends.

The words "I always there for you", "we should normalize our relationship as friends" got me really confused! I don't know what to do and can't stop thinking of it. I think of him in every time and every step of my day this past 8 months I'm still and still have him on my mind and he's the first person I think of when I wake up in the morning. Any opinion on what I should reply to him please?

I say...don't reply.

• Like 3

Honestly, just take as he said it. Just try your hardest to move on. I wouldn't even reply. Maybe ignoring him will make him miss you more.. It's very, very hard but the only thing that will make him miss you and possibly want you back is for him to miss you. So carry on doing what you do.

Eddie Edirol

He was nicely saying that he wont have any romantic feelings for you ever again, and he wants you to move on, which probably means he wants you to stop contacting him. if he contacts you, ignore him.

• Like 1

That phone call you made was the begining of the slippery slope for you. Now you have an email that is messing you up even more. You need to stay NC and NEVER contact him again. You are self sabotaging. You do want to get over this right?

Weathergirl

IMO, you would be better not to reply.

Accept what he says and move on. I've replied to messages like this, that has ended up with a number of texts, arguments and back to square 1.

I was told the same without the "I loved you" blah blah blah. He told me he wanted me to stop thinking of him and give him time.

He is with someone else and obviously why he needed time. Not to say this is your case, but I do want to say is Words is words. His actions show he is not with you or does not want to be with you.

Nothing to do at this point, conviencing him to change his mind is pointless, we cannot control their thoughts, but we can control ourselves. Continue with No Contact; so that you don't know what he is up to. It's for your own good.

It hurts.. I know this. You are not alone

• Author

Thank you guys for all the input. I didn't reply and now come another messages from him asking to talk. What should I do? why does he wants to talk to me.. now?!? does he want me back? :confused:

Weathergirl

He's made it clear that he wants you both to move on, and that his feelings have changed. You haven't replied, and you are right to, you are doing what he said and moving on, right?

I assume because you haven't responded he feels bad and wants to talk, maybe to justify his decision.

Be careful, I've been in that place where you hope he's seen the light and wants you back, the conversation didn't work out like that at all, it wasn't what I wanted to gear, and I was in tears back at square one.

There is a thread here somewhere on going no contact, this explains it all.

I'm just giving my opinion, I made these mistakes and it got me nowhere.

All the best x

Wow! You don't see that? Those texts were just guilt ridden. He's trying to ease his guilt and friend zone you.

I think you have better things to do than to listen to that crap. NC, heal and move on. Start making positive changes in your life. Trust me, it will do you a world of good.