Can I salvage?

I need some advices from you guys.

As mentioned in another thread, my ex bf dumped me weeks ago. He is going through life crisis, unsure about his own future and finally decided that we should move on separately as we had been having arguments, even over trival things. He had also said he has no feelings for me anymore and the way he treated me the last time we met was as though he detests me.

He had said some nasty things to me when he broke up with me and at first I thought it was because he just want to disgust me and push me away so that I'll back off cause I didn't want to let go.

After speaking to a counsellor about what he had said or did to me when he initiated the breakup, there might be possibility that I might have hurt his ego and he was sort of "screaming" for ego boost from me or some sort of "punishment" to me. And I realized that I may had been too strong headed and didn't do much about stroking his ego when we were together.

I'm still hoping he would give us a second chance. So I'm wondering if I can do anything now to win his heart back and what I can do instead of just maintaining NC.

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...