I sent an email..

I did it. I broke NC but I feel alright. He never spoke to me about the break up, before, during, or after. I had way too much to say that I never got to say and it was eating me away inside. I know it was maybe a step back but I think I needed to do this.

I did not attack him. I simply told him my true feelings and wished him well. Now I can walk away not regretting the fact I didnt let him know.

Maybe I'm loony but I feel more powerful now. I dont care if it looked needy or weak. I stayed true to myself, and didnt run from my emotions. Something he is a pro at.

I did my best, gave my best and I will never regret anything I did.

• Like 1

^^^^

Exactly. The problem is now you'll start backsliding into feelings of more rejection when he doesn't answer. You poured your heart out, and want your feelings to be validated. If he doesn't answer, be prepared to feel that pain. It sucks, I know.

• Author

Well it's been a day and I'm still ok, but we shall see. Maybe it's because we never spoke about it all? I feel like I can finally walk away now, I'm not carrying that on my shoulders anymore. I said all I can say and I'm done with it.

I do not expect a reply honestly. I would be shocked if he did.

You wouldn't be human if you didn't seek at least some form of acknowledgement, and even better some validation. Be honest with yourself. It's gonna hurt not to hear back. Be prepared for that. Get angry.

When you are absent of a decent send off, a true break up notice, the differences can eat away at you. I understand.

Now you have had your say and you need to treat this one "contact" as your message stating YOU ARE ACTUALLY BREAKING UP WITH HIM.

Get that?

Let me repeat it for you, because he was absent of a true break up notice to you and left you hanging to wonder, you took action and notified him of how you feel and officially broke it off with him.

Whether you said those words to him or not, it makes no difference, you now own the situation which means never to look back and NEVER contact him or accept his contacts - period.

Odd are near zero you will receive anything of substance from him. Hopefully you are not expecting him to read your note and go "WTF is she talking about, we're not broken up, where did she get that from? I've been asleep on the couch for the past # days, #weeks, etc"

No, I really doubt that too.

So be prepared, you own this break up now. Manage it well and manage it for yourself.

Make sense?

• Like 2