I'm feeling good now

I just wanted to post this to get the spirits up for anyone just entering the grueling process of getting over an ex. My ex broke up with me on my bday on January 2nd. Its been roughly 3 months and I can finally say I am over her. I still have moments (not whole days) here and there where I will get angry thinking about her, but that is it. I no longer get depressed. I know she is back with her ex boyfriend and it is "official" between them again and I do not care. I see her in class every day still and luckily her ex doesn't live in the state so I never have to see them together. And no, I do not have any other female "prospects" right now. I am working on being happy on my own so I don't have to rely on having a girlfriend to be happy. Now that I have finally made it through the worst of it and am feeling good again, I think I'll be ready to meet new girls. Some may say (mostly guys) that three months is a long time to "get back in the game" but for me, it takes a while to get over ex-girlfriends. My whole point of the post is that time will pass and you WILL get past grieving your ex, no matter how long or serious the relationship was. I remember posting back in early January saying, "I wish I could fast forward three months from now when I'll finally be feeling good again (three months is my general time frame to get over an ex and feel happy again)." Well, three months has passed and I'm feeling good again! It will happen for you too. It just takes time. And YES, as soon as I finally stuck to NC, the process sped up greatly. I haven't texted her or initiated conversation with her in person in about a month and a half. She has texted me or said hi to me, in which case I respond briefly at best. I no longer anxiously check my phone every time it vibrates to see if its her. Like I said, I think of her from time to time, mostly ending up in me getting angry and not depressed, but that is a rare occurrence now. I am probably 90% over her. I'm not seeking advice, answers or responses from this post. It is to serve purely as motivation and hope for others starting to go through the same process. STICK IT OUT! You will feel better sooner than you can believe right now. Keep your head up and stay busy.

• Like 1