I feel so worthless

shatteredworld

I already posted this on another board but I'll have a go here too.

Some backstory:

Broke up with ex 2 months ago, My ex cheated on me with a random girl (supposedly) one night while drunk. He told me about it and when I wanted to give him a second chance he told me he "couldn't let me do that." He continued to tell me over the next few days (I was still talking to him trying to understand and get him back) that he didn't want to love anyone else, he hoped we would cross paths in the future cause it wouldn't be right to be together at least not right then, he wasn't looking for anyone, he didn't want anyone else, he thought a relationship wouldn't be the best thing for him at the moment, and that I had his heart. 4 weeks later he had a new girlfriend.

I am at 6 weeks NC now, and I still feel terrible about it. I've accepted that we are over, but I still feel so worthless. I was made to believe that I was worth something to the most important person in my world even after they cheated and then I felt so much more worthless when I found out he replaced me so quickly. These feelings of being worthless, ugly, and unimportant just don't seem to go away. I will be awake in the middle of the night feeling like such a failure and a worthless piece of s***. Do these feelings ever go away after being cheated on?

I know where you're coming from. I got dumped for a piece of trash druggie child. I was in the dumps thinking how bad I must be if he was the better option. It was miserable and I'm sure you're going through a lot of what I had. And the good news is it's natural. The bad news is it will take time.

But there will be a day when you look back and realize it is them with the issues. And that they did you a huge favor. It won't happen over night no matter how much sense it makes, but you will get through it and be better for it, especially with that trash out of your life.

Why do you feel worthless - you had nothing to do with his choices - he made them and with the little real understanding (apparently) of what he did, he will likely do it again.

He didn't come to you with a confession looking for a "true" second chance, he came to clear his conscience for his own selfish purposes.

****, what a loser!

• Author
shatteredworld

I can't help these feelings though, I left him believing that I hoped he was finding what he was looking for and that makes me feel so much worse. I thought I meant the world to him and I was irreplaceable.. He never even gave me a reason for anything that he did and now he's with some random girl right away. I feel like this pain should be getting better but everyday seems to be getting harder and harder.