Just a rant...

So yesterday, I posted about the ex texting me over about a 36 hour period (mostly unanswered) and telling me what's going on her life. Long story short, together 5 months, BU 2 months ago, and she started texting me after 20 days NC. She told me that's she's dating a guy who is "really nice and we have fun", and some other stuff going on. Honestly, outside of being perplexed, I wasn't really hurt by any of it. I mean, I still am obviously deeply in love with her and miss her like crazy, but I'm somewhat proud of the way I handled it. She reached out to me, for whatever reason, and I guess I'll never know. I'm not mad at her for dating, we are not together and hell, I've been on a couple dates myself, and probably again this weekend. At least she didn't go back to her deuchebag ex bf, so I give her some credit for that.

But I'm thinking, why was she texting me? If she's dating a nice guy, and she likes him, why reach out to me? Her first text was at 730am on Sunday, all throughout the day, last one on Sunday at 1030pm and then all morning through the afternoon on Monday til she went to work. While she filled me in on her life, it seems I have more questions than answers. I know it's a mistake to try and figure out the meaning of it all, but I'm an analytical guy by nature and profession. It was quite obvious that she was trying to convince me (and herself) that her life is awesome right now. Probably no where close to that. If if she were so happy with the new guy she's dating, why is she spending half the weekend blowing up my phone? I mean, if I had somebody I was totally happy with, the last thing I'd do is sit around bragging about it on her text. But maybe things ARE great and maybe she's just trying to rub it in my face. That wouldn't make sense though because we had an amicable BU, and I've told her before I hold no animosity towards her and I want her to be happy.

Haven't heard anything from her today, and I will continue to NOT initiate anything from now on. I suspect that she will continue to contact me sporadically from time to time. I'm still stuck on her, and I suspect her on me, until I or she meets someone and establish the amazing connection we had with each other. I will continue to date, continue to go on vacations until either enough time passes that I heal, or meet someone else. (BTW) the girl I went on a date with is really an awesome person, and maybe with time, I'll develop feelings for her, but right now I'm damaged goods, and she knows that, but she still wants to spend time with me, and I appreciate her for that. Maybe I've got something right in front of my face and I just haven't seen it yet...

Anyway, just writing my thoughts out, sorry for the somewhat meaningless post. It's like a look inside my head today. Thanks for reading.

ThatJustHappened

It's like a kid with a toy they no longer want to play with. She threw you on the ground and picked up another toy, but she doesn't want any other kids to play with you. She just wants to know you're there in case she ever wants to play with you again.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

McGriff, do you really think JAMES BOND would give those texts any real thought? You know JAMES BOND better than anyone, what would he think and do right now?

(you know I'm never going to let this one go don't you? I love the comparison, btw, now tell us what would old BOND do)

• Like 1
  • Author

Am4real,

If James Bond were here with me and heard my story and saw what I did, he'd calmly light up a cigarette, take a sip of his dry martini (shaken not stirred) and gently walk over to me and slap me upside the head. Then he would call my ex over, and sleep with her in front of me, after she called him an arrogant son of a b*tch. I'm trying to get there sweetie, I'm trying. ;)

Edited by McGriff
  • Like 1

LOVE IT!

Now you're getting the idea...

Seriously though, old BONDY, like you, might give it a little thought but would raise a half smile and then be off the next adventure.

Am4real,

If James Bond were here with me and heard my story and saw what I did, he'd calmly light up a cigarette, take a sip of his dry martini (shaken not stirred) and gently walk over to me and slap me upside the head. Then he would call my ex over, and sleep with her in front of me, after she called him a son of a b*tch. I'm trying to get there sweetie, I'm trying. ;)

• Like 1

"until I or she meets someone and establish the amazing connection we had with each other"

so amazing that she wants to find other men instead!

SalientPoint

NC the hell out of this chick! Most of my ex's ended up cheating on me or leaving me for someone else, so it made NC really easy. Now that the latest ex is breaking up with me but no one else is in the picture, admittedly it's harder to do NC. But if she admitted to dating or liking someone else, you bet your petunias NC would be on full blast. You can do it kind sir!