5 Years

My boyfriend and me have dated for 5 and a half years. We got together when we were pretty young. I was 16 and he was 18. Now we are 22 and and he is 23. We have never in our entire relationship broken up, or taken any type of break. We have always been able to be happy with each other and always fix our fights before the day was over. Last year, in August we decided it was time to move in together. As soon as we were living together it was all great. I was loving every minute of it.

Here came the problem. Out of the blue. My boyfriend tells me he needs time on his own. He says he needs to be on his own so that he can grow. He says that he has been unhappy for a while and he doesn't want to end up hating me.

I argued with him. Told him how strange it was out of nowhere that he would do this to me. He just kept saying he can't be with me right now.

Finally, he summed up the courage to tell me that he started doing cocaine. I couldn't believe this. He said he had been doing this for months and that it all started after me and him had an argument. He said that after that he just kept doing it.

His reason for leaving me is because he doesn't want to keep doing it anymore. He says he needs help and that being apart would do us good. I tried my best to be so very understanding, but I just didn't understand how being apart would help him. He kept saying that he would talk to his parents the next day and try to get better as quickly as he can.

I told him I understood and the next morning we packed my things and I left. When we were saying goodbye he told me that he wont ask me to wait for him, but that he wants to be able to come back to me and that he will try to get better as quickly as possible. He said he is in love with me, and we will be happy together again one day.

I have no understanding of anything. I don't know what to do, I feel so betrayed that he wouldn't give me the chance to help him. I feel betrayed that he did these things behind my back for so long and just pretended to be happy with me. We just went on a date two nights ago and I thought every thing was fine.

I don't know whether to consider this a break up or if I should truly wait for him. He is my love, and the only person I want to ever be with. 5 years means a lot to me I can't lose him, but I don't know how long getting better will be. I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to deal with this. I keep going back to him in my mind and I just can't take this. I want to be by his side, but he just doesn't want me there right now. Im scared that he will end up changing his mind when I will be spending all this time hoping and expecting us be together soon.

Infnitysign

This seems perfectly normal and it's because he was bored of the relationship and wanted some drama by starting a fight or even breaking up. Sooner or latter when he misses you he will come back and say sorry and all that sappy emotional stuff.