Thought of ex with new guy

By keeping yourself busy. You need to be making positive improvements in your life. You need to be finding new hobbies. Things for you to do. Go back to school and get that degree, and if you have one; then go to grad school. Keep yourself focused on your school work and not what she's doing. Go to the gym and run your ass off on the threadmill and push weight. This will help relieve stress and frustrations that you may have.

Finding new hobbies usually mean that there's a club in your area with people that have a shared interest. Like, joining a cycling club, or a running club. Co-Ed softball league, or men's soccer league with your local park district. Scuba diving lessons. Community Theater....whatever.....

TRAVEL!!! Go to a place that you've always wanted to go to and just....GO! Go have a mini vacation for yourself.

• Like 1
Coping Vortex
Basically it's the one thing that's stopping me from moving on and it's really hard. How do you clear your mind of it?

Yea that movie can play in your head over and over. I did a good job of keeping clear of a pic of my ex's new guy. Until my buddy sent me a pic of them together. He meant to life my spirits as if to say" look at this guy she left you for him?" I don't think he realized it hurt me more than anything. It was surreal to see her in the arms of another.

Just remember, this new guy will have just as many issues faults and problems as anyone else. Their relationship will have issues and fights etc. just as anyone else maybe even more than you had with your ex. So just remember that it won't all be roses for them. I know now she may think he is the greatest thing now, but the truth is he won't be in the future. Unfortunately you won't be around to see that , but just know it. That is one way to get over it.

• Like 5
  • Author

Thanks guys. Didn't hurt she texted me the other day to say 'thought you might want to know xxxx died this morning.x'. Her nan is married to my ex-uncle in Spain and he's passed away. So silly text has just opened a can of worms in my head. She forced NC on me after one night where she threw me breadcrumbs then went skulking back to new guy with her tail between her legs and i know they've since gone into a full-on relationship. Just fed up feeling so crap about someone who doesn't deserve it, but here i am. Just feel trodden all over.

Coping Vortex
Thanks guys. Didn't hurt she texted me the other day to say 'thought you might want to know xxxx died this morning.x'. Her nan is married to my ex-uncle in Spain and he's passed away. So silly text has just opened a can of worms in my head. She forced NC on me after one night where she threw me breadcrumbs then went skulking back to new guy with her tail between her legs and i know they've since gone into a full-on relationship. Just fed up feeling so crap about someone who doesn't deserve it, but here i am. Just feel trodden all over.

A lot of us right here with you. Its frustrating to be the dumpee. Nothing we can do. Like a tiger that paces in his cage we are not getting out of that cage either. Our options are limited to NC. We have all tried everything else. None of it works. Only time is our friend.

Give your heart some time to heal.

I still think about my ex from time to time.

But the best way is to LIVE LIFE!! lol

Yup. Live LIFE.

Listen to music, sing, go to work, do home work. Just LIVE LIFE! And even if you think of him still, just say, "Well at least I am still trucking!" lol.

Yea that movie can play in your head over and over. I did a good job of keeping clear of a pic of my ex's new guy. Until my buddy sent me a pic of them together. He meant to life my spirits as if to say" look at this guy she left you for him?" I don't think he realized it hurt me more than anything. It was surreal to see her in the arms of another.

Just remember, this new guy will have just as many issues faults and problems as anyone else. Their relationship will have issues and fights etc. just as anyone else maybe even more than you had with your ex. So just remember that it won't all be roses for them. I know now she may think he is the greatest thing now, but the truth is he won't be in the future. Unfortunately you won't be around to see that , but just know it. That is one way to get over it.

i just took a snap shot of this on my iphone. This is exactly what I need to remind myself. Yes he cheated and seems to be happily in love with gf of 2 weeks, but that sh*t can go sour too! Atleast I set a bar that no girl had ever done for him, i might be the first, but i hope he drowns with all the sh*t I done for him. More than he had done for me!!!!

Coping Vortex
i just took a snap shot of this on my iphone. This is exactly what I need to remind myself. Yes he cheated and seems to be happily in love with gf of 2 weeks, but that sh*t can go sour too! Atleast I set a bar that no girl had ever done for him, i might be the first, but i hope he drowns with all the sh*t I done for him. More than he had done for me!!!!

Yes I think we all forget that every relationship has issues. I'm sure my ex couldn't have had less issues with me than anyone else. We got along great. But we still are no longer together. So just remember that stuff will get old with him about her.

Just like you, I did a lot for my ex. She even got a tattoo on her ankle that says "courage" that she said was because of me and what I did for her.

Just think if everyone marries their soul mate why are there more than 50% of marriages end in divorce?