I dumped him, took him back, then he dumped me!!!

Sweetnothing

I broke up with this guy about 2 weeks ago because I felt like he didn't give a sh*t about me and he BEGGED for me to come back promising he would change so I decided to give it ONE last try. Well he didn't change (duh!) and I told him he wasn't making an effort like he'd said he would so he flipped out and dumped me!

I've spent our entire relationship wishing he would care more about me and when he begged for me back I was so happy that he finally cared and now I feel like I've been kicked on my butt! It took every bit of strength I could gather to leave him and he sucked me right back in and played me. I was in a weak moment after he dumped me and bombarded him with texts and calls, none of which he replied to and I'm hurt :(

Obviously I have to stay away from him, but how can I resist the urge? The pain he causes me never stops me from running back to him. I'm pathetic. He hurts me again and again yet I crave the affection he will never give me!!! WHY?!

I think it is too early to say the relationship is over. Possibly your contacting him so much, put additional pressure on him. Although I can understand why you would contact him, it may be best to literally do nothing at this point, and leave the ball in his court. Let him contact you. It may not be for a while; possibly several weeks or so, but please be patient. On the other hand, if you feel you and he should not get back together, do not reply to him, if he contacts you again.

• Author
Sweetnothing
I think it is too early to say the relationship is over. Possibly your contacting him so much, put additional pressure on him. Although I can understand why you would contact him, it may be best to literally do nothing at this point, and leave the ball in his court. Let him contact you. It may not be for a while; possibly several weeks or so, but please be patient. On the other hand, if you feel you and he should not get back together, do not reply to him, if he contacts you again.

Idk if I want to be with him though. I don't think he is going to change ever and I don't want to drag out the healing process. We were together almost 2 years and I put up with his apathy towards me so he never felt the need to change. Then when I dumped him I took him right back. He knows he has me wrapped around his finger. I don't see any major changes happening between us so I want to avoid him but I'm so emotional it's hard to stop. I check my phone every minute to see if he's called or messaged me! I am constantly fighting the urge to talk to him again

i was in a similar situation last month as yours with my ex. except my ex didnt dump me i dumped him both times! (dumpers get a bad wrap here..i did it for myself he wasnt good for me) but he did come back after me after 2 weeks of nc. i was happy n very confused at the same time. i wanted to believe he changed n was willing to put me over alcohol n his friends but as the contact went on i felt he was doing it only cause he was sad and lonely. i didnt give in to him n told him off so he finally stopped contacting me(for now) he lost a good thing with me and you sound very similar to me. some times i do get a lapse and want to contact him but i dont cause i think about all his bad points and it makes me stop! reading and posting on here has opened my eyes about certain things and made me think before contacting him. maybe that will help you too and do wait til he contacts you. if he wants it to work with you he will contact you good luck!

he has so clearly disrespected and played you..he will bring you more pain if you continue to allow him to play any role in your life.

Stay away and keep away. I dont know you, but I doubt you believe you deserve that type of male in your life.

Forward. You go. Dont look back, because you will be totally missing the possibilities that lie ahead of you.