Should I call, or wait to hear from her?

cereal_dater

My 17 month relationship ended Saturday. We've had a few mini breakups lately as she's been very unhappy with the way things have been progressing (too slow for her). She had a meltdown when I told her I might have to delay her meeting my parents this weekend by a few days, screaming things like "I'm as serious as a heart attack I don't want anything to do with you, have a nice life, I've lost all desire to see you, etc". We ended the call arguing and I responded to all that with "fine then I hope I don't ever hear from you again" and she screamed "you won't!".

I know 17 months is a long time to meet parents, but I've always been shy about bringing girls around and explained that to her, but that I did want it to happen.

We've had these little fights but she always texts me within 24 hrs. Haven't heard from her in five days and I'm starting to wonder if this is really the end. Should I call to apologize for my actions and words, or give her space and keep waiting for her to contact me?

I think she has seen enough now that she is pretty certain things won't go at the speed she is comfortable with. Your final words to each other are very hate filled and not good. You can try to call and apologize for how things went but don't be surprised if you get no response or a negative response.

If you have any intention of talking things through and going at a pace you are comfortable with together you need to talk together openly about everything and set expectations. Come to an understanding. If you both can't honestly do that then you should go separate ways.