feeling insignificant

It's been over a month now since the BU. I came home from a night shift and found the note. "It's not working for me. I let this turn me into something I'm not. I'm so sorry you deserve better."

We dated 8 months, couldn't get enough of each other. He told me and all his friends I was the one. Made me promise if we ever had an issue we would talk about it.

I texted that I would like to meet him to talk. I was declined. "Closure will come in time", he texted back. I told him I would leave him be and went NC. The last time I heard his voice we were a couple.

He asked me to move into his apartment a couple of months before the break. Maybe he got cold feet about that and couldn't look me in the face, but all he had to do was tell me. I would have worked on any problem.

It's not so much that he left now really, it's how he did it. I feel disrespected, insignificant.

I like to tell myself that one day I will get to talk to him face to face, it helps me get through the day. I may never get that though, and that thought makes me bitter. He was right about on thing though, I deserve better.

• Author

Thank you! It makes it easier to know I'm not alone. It has been rough for me, but I have no blood on my hands. I get to walk away from this knowing I tried, I didnt run away or let fear stop me from going for it. He left his dignity behind with that note on the floor. He is the one who has to live with that.

Damsel in Distress
The last time I heard his voice we were a couple.

Gosh this is sad, and yes, the way he has handled this is incredibly cruel :(

Maybe you have the same urge as me - I keep wanting to text my ex and say "The way you have handled this is more painful and cruel than the breakup itself". Of course I will not send that. No contact is the only way to regain any control from somebody who disappears like that. Trying to contact them and then being ignored just makes you feel worse.

I don't know if you will ever get the talk with him that you want and needm but you CAN heal without having it. Stay strong, and I'm so sorry he is treating you this way - he ran away while you were at work, then refuses to acknowlege you - as if you no longer exist!?! So cruel :(

But you do exist, and you will get through this. Stay strong. Hugs.

• Author

Everyday! Everyday I fight to not text. Sometimes I want to say how cruel and selfish it was to end it that way. Sometimes I just want to say why cant we at least talk about it, at least try. Sometimes I want to just say how much I hate him or how much I loved him.

I honestly feel like if we could have talked, it could have been saved. At the very least I would have had a bit of a resolution even if he still left.

He took the easiest way possible for himself, but the hardest way possible for me.