An unwanted returning ex!

Milo_j_oliver

I am eighteen years old. When I wa fourteen I had a relationship with a girl for around two and a half years, and we broke up when I was seventeen. I enjoyed the relationship for the first year, and after that it went down hill but I found it difficult to leave. She didn't have a good home life and she was to dependant on me. My family had started to grow tired of her controlling and manipulative ways, and her Mardy and moaning attitudes toward me was changing me as a person, and I found myself always saying sorry. Obviously, my dad more so, was not fond, especially as her family didn't like me either. My mother was close to my girlfriend but slowly grew apart as we split. She ended up seeing a friend of mine, and I had moved on more or less immediately. My uncle died and I was devastated, and she didn't attempt to contact me or my family, and was as far as I could see, done with us. Towards the back end of last year, she decided, after finding out I have a girlfriend, to contact my mum, after eigt months, telling her how she was happy. Occasional texts were any to my mum, however? My mum still was my fond and preferred my new girlfriend, welcome her into the family. As welcomed as possible, me and my current girlfriend relationship blossomedv and I am very much in love with herC and her family love me too. Last month, my ex girlfriend decided to contact my mother and arrange to meet for a coffee with my mum, and I was not happy, but my mum still went ahead. I then discover that my ex still loves me, telling my mum what she misses and how she can't deal with what happened. They then decide to meet again, at the cinema, and at this point my girlfriend does not know, other than my ex's feelings. A week ir so after this, I then phone up my mother to ask her if me and my girl could come back to stop at ours due to a change of plans, and she tells me my ex came over the night before for tea. I'm furious, and my girlfriend already feels not good enough, without knowing this, and the relationship between us is now frosty, as is my relationship with my mum, she does not communicate with my girlfriend, and today was the last straw. They have planned to take my ex girlfriend on holiday in my place as I won't go without my girlfriend. My mum has also been dropping hints about me and my girlfriend not being very good together due to an increase in arguing and tension, and that she feels things could break us up, when this is the root of the problem. My dad and mum say it doesn't concern my girlfriend, and they are all siding with her without taking mine and my girlfriends feelings into consideration. Personally I feel this is wrong and too far. The odd text is understandable, but not this, and my mum seems to blatantly prefer my ex girlfriend and my current girlfriend is distancing herself. Please help, my friends say it's wrong, my inland say its wrong, but me and my girlfriend are being made out to be awkward and unable to deal with it. I told my girlfriend everything tonight and she is devastated. I need help. Today, my ex girlfriend was meant to go ice skating with my mum, which is what me and girlfriend normally do with her, but instead went shopping with my ex. What's so wrong with ask my girl ? Help, need advice?

I think that it's unacceptable for your parents to be getting involved in this way. You should explain things to your current girlfriend, let her know that you love her and are not at all interested in your ex, and then tell her that you're going to speak to your ex and let her know that she needs to stop.

If I were in your position, I'd give my parents an ultimatum between me and my ex, as well.

How bizarre that this is ruining a relationship that you are actually happy in...

• Author
Milo_j_oliver

It's not like he was nice to me, my parents dislike her towards the end, and they are uninterested in my current girlfriend and she's better in every way possible? But my dad says it's your mums friend and it doesn't concern emily (my current girlfriend) and my mums not doing anything wrong and it doesn't matter that it's my ex. He used to hate her! It's like they love doing the awkward thing that makes me unhappy!