Why do exes choose to email?

Why, when getting in contact, do exes often email instead of texting or calling? I get that exes dont always email, but she seem to use email quite often..

Seems like they are trying to act all formal and composed, but it often comes across as fake (especially when you would hardly have them emailing you in the past).

What are your guys take on the choice to use email as the mode of communication?

• Like 1

Emailing is a slow process and it gives you more time to think about your thoughts, instead of there and then. A case of "I wish I said that then" or "Why didn't I think about saying that" after a conversation.

• Like 2
sweetjess1951

I always thought that email was an "out" for them because if you have an Iphone (which most people do), the Imessage will show you when they are responding or if they read it.

I always thought that email was an "out" for them because if you have an Iphone (which most people do), the Imessage will show you when they are responding or if they read it.

Unless the read receipts function is turned off.

Anyway, I used email because you can write more and think things through a bit better.

• Author

yea i think its cuz (like you guys have said) it gives more time to think/be thoughtful. Idk tho it seems somewhat disingenuous because sometimes its so obviously overly thought out/edited/prepared.

They might be a coward depending on the situation. It is easier than meeting face to face, if you don't know what response your going to get.

Damsel in Distress

I think it's so they can say all the things they want to say in a calm prepared way with plenty of time to get the words exactly right and not have to interact with you or react to the things that you say. It keeps the interaction entirely on their terms. If it was in person or a phone call or text they have to deal with your emotions, your questions, and be ready to react to things they might not want to talk about or have no answers for. I have no doubt that if I ever hear from my ex again it will be an email.

Why, when getting in contact, do exes often email instead of texting or calling?

More business-like and less personal and spontaneous.

• Like 2
destroyed4sho

I have thought about this a lot lately. Its a relief that someone also has this same inquiry and thoughts.

I think my dumper uses email to appear more formal and distant. ..so as not make me think thay we are close and intimate enough to text or call wach other. Its her way of keepig me at a distance.

I also feel they also do it so that their new gf/bf wont find out that they are communicating with ex. Its easier to see/hear textes vs. email that you can respond to when they are not around.

• Like 1

From a woman's perspective, if my ex decides to contact me it would be in his best interest to not do it through email. Sure, it gives him the time and space to organize his thoughts and control his emotions, but it also gives me the time and space as well. I would likely read his email, feel touched at first, then give it a day and decide it's too little too late. If he called me or met me face to face, it might have more of an effect on me to hear his voice and some sincerity behind it.

• Like 1
destroyed4sho
From a woman's perspective, if my ex decides to contact me it would be in his best interest to not do it through email. Sure, it gives him the time and space to organize his thoughts and control his emotions, but it also gives me the time and space as well. I would likely read his email, feel touched at first, then give it a day and decide it's too little too late. If he called me or met me face to face, it might have more of an effect on me to hear his voice and some sincerity behind it.

Lol....he will email you soon enough....good plan though. Damn, wish I had thought of it that way before I msgd my ex back on email. It was such a waste.

• Author

I think that its kinda lame..the whole "professional" email type thing.

If you got something to say to me, pick up the phone and either call or text. Dont re-enter my life (even for a moment) through this thought out/bullsh** email that clearly took you a bit of time to write.

If an ex contacts you, understand that they rarely contact you with something honest. Its typically some cryptic, uncertain EMAIL that leaves you wondering.

Oh, and if you respond, expect nothing back. Its how these bums tend to roll.

First off.. EMAIl is the best way..

there are no blows of rejection that way.. YOU never know if the person ever got the email.. If you send via text you know he or she HAS A phone and most likely reads the txt.. If you FB you can see if he or she read the message.. Email lets it remain a secret, you can have more positive feelings towards the sub.. Begging and what not.. NO rejection.... It has nothing to do with being "proper"... well thats my take on it..I'm a woman.. I over analyze..