I Finally Did It! :)

youngnlove89

After all the arguments, after all the back and forth, after all the trips he took without me, after him talking to an ex, after all the games, the lies, after his selfish acts, after him using me, ignoring me, verbally abusing me and finally after two long years....I BLOCKED HIM. I blocked him in every way possible: phone, text, email.

The point up to blocking him was very difficult, but once you make that step it's like a weight lifted off your shoulders. You don't have to look at your phone to see if they called or texted you, you don't have to wait around for them, you don't have to be their "friend" and watch them hang out with other girls, you are no longer their pinata, their puppet, or their control. You are free.

I'm not saying it will be an easy road. I will have my moments. But knowing that I am now down the right path to moving on is empowering. I used to think he held the power, but now I have claimed it back. It is mine. I have my dignity, self-respect and pride back in my life.

I woke up happy today. I want to wake up happy every day. I want to accomplish my goals and my ambitions. I want to focus on me and pamper myself. I want to love someone and make new friends. I want to go out and dance and explore the beautiful nature that this world has to offer. I want to be able to do whatever I want without having to ask someone if it's okay. I want to flirt with cute guys and blow bubblegum. I want to read trashy magazines and drink wine. I want to smile and truly be able to look in the mirror and say: I don't need him anymore.

Edited by youngnlove89
  • Like 12

Yay I'm so happy for you :D

Blocking them is very difficult. but you will really start healing now. Your phone rings or you get a message somewhere and it will be from anyone but him. That's a very good feeling. I can't say you won't have days where you wish he'd call. You won't just magically forget him tomorrow. but you can move the spotlight back on you which is where it should always be.

• Author
youngnlove89
Yay I'm so happy for you :D

Blocking them is very difficult. but you will really start healing now. Your phone rings or you get a message somewhere and it will be from anyone but him. That's a very good feeling. I can't say you won't have days where you wish he'd call. You won't just magically forget him tomorrow. but you can move the spotlight back on you which is where it should always be.

It was so hard that I didn't know if I could do it. But I sucked it up, put my big girl panties on and just did it.

It is nice not having to be so anxious when my phone goes off and then being disappointed.

I can breathe now! Hopefully this energy lasts for awhile.

• Like 1
Damsel in Distress

WOW!!! Good for you!!! It's great to hear how free you feel and even happy!! it's very clear in your post how it's affected your mental attitude - you clearly are focused on YOU! :) That's awesome! So exciting to be free to focus and think about only yourself :)

I still haven't worked myself up to the blocking point, but I am feeling like i'm getting stronger, and it helps to hear stories like yours and realize how much of a difference it makes to truly cut the strings and move on to a life without them. It just takes that hard work to accept that the ex is truly gone and the relationship is truly over. I think I realize the relationship is over, but somehow I'm not ready to reclaim the large amount of mental space he has taken up in my life for several years.

Can I ask how long it took for you to get to this point where you were ready to block?

• Author
youngnlove89
WOW!!! Good for you!!! It's great to hear how free you feel and even happy!! it's very clear in your post how it's affected your mental attitude - you clearly are focused on YOU! :) That's awesome! So exciting to be free to focus and think about only yourself :)

I still haven't worked myself up to the blocking point, but I am feeling like i'm getting stronger, and it helps to hear stories like yours and realize how much of a difference it makes to truly cut the strings and move on to a life without them. It just takes that hard work to accept that the ex is truly gone and the relationship is truly over. I think I realize the relationship is over, but somehow I'm not ready to reclaim the large amount of mental space he has taken up in my life for several years.

Can I ask how long it took for you to get to this point where you were ready to block?

It took me a year to block him because he kept coming back, but nothing ever changed! I got tired of the back and forth and him not knowing what he wanted. It's mentally exhausting and emotionally draining.

Just think of it this way, nothing is going to change. EVER. They won't change. You won't be together in the end. He doesn't want you. He just wants to use you. He will find another girl and keep you on the side till he does. Then if you stay his friend you get to watch him fall in love with someone else. And you will never ever let go if you don't take initiative.

Once I realized there was no future and he was wasting my precious time, I let go. It's going to hurt now, but at least I'll get it over with. Instead of spending another god-only-knows how many years with an emotionally constipated man.

It's time we find someone who loves us for who we are and appreciates us. Why are we wasting out time with these schmucks?! BLOCK HIM!!

• Like 1

It's a funny thing, isn't it? When we get to the point of being able to block them, and in turn know that we won't hear from them out of the blue, it's like we can finally breathe again. No more holding our breath.

The day I removed all contacts and blocked my first ex was the same day I truly moved on. That's how, nearly 8 years later, I've managed to never make any contact whatsoever. Just recently I lifted the FB block out of curiosity but felt nothing. Stay strong youngnlove!

• Author
youngnlove89
It's a funny thing, isn't it? When we get to the point of being able to block them, and in turn know that we won't hear from them out of the blue, it's like we can finally breathe again. No more holding our breath.

The day I removed all contacts and blocked my first ex was the same day I truly moved on. That's how, nearly 8 years later, I've managed to never make any contact whatsoever. Just recently I lifted the FB block out of curiosity but felt nothing. Stay strong youngnlove!

Wow! Good for you! I can't wait to get to that point!

CompleteFailure

Good job to you all that were able to block. Its encouraging yet at the same time extremely depressing. For me at least.

• Author
youngnlove89
You did the right thing. Thinking of you. You are strong, you'll get through this.

Thank you :) That helps a lot to have this support! :)

"I woke up happy today. I want to wake up happy every day. I want to accomplish my goals and my ambitions. I want to focus on me and pamper myself. I want to love someone and make new friends. I want to go out and dance and explore the beautiful nature that this world has to offer. I want to be able to do whatever I want without having to ask someone if it's okay. I want to flirt with cute guys and blow bubblegum. I want to read trashy magazines and drink wine. I want to smile and truly be able to look in the mirror and say: I don't need him anymore."

And I want to tag along! Cool Stuff! I remember that day and you're right, it was a huge weight lifted of your heart. You've turned the corner and definitely getting close to the finale! It gets so incredibly good to be back. It's almost like you're bullet proof. Congratzzz!

Soooo, park yourself in a lounge chair on the beach under a cabana. Throw a bottle of wine on ice on the little table next to the bubble gum and latest edition of Trashy. And remember the move, lower you sun glasses when the cutest guy walks by.

• Like 1
  • Author
youngnlove89
Good job to you all that were able to block. Its encouraging yet at the same time extremely depressing. For me at least.

Aww I'm sorry. Is it depressing because you haven't blocked your ex?

ImperfectionisBeauty

I saw you answered my post, and i saw your username and I was like 'what does this girl know she is like practically my age (assuming 89 is your birth year)' but it is really cool that you have all these goals and plans and things you want to do, pretty inspiring.

• Author
youngnlove89
I saw you answered my post, and i saw your username and I was like 'what does this girl know she is like practically my age (assuming 89 is your birth year)' but it is really cool that you have all these goals and plans and things you want to do, pretty inspiring.

haha :) I actually don't know a lot, but I have had a hand full with my last relationship. And I saw myself in you. You and I are both too young to be going through nonsense with men. We are young, wrinkle free, smooth skin, tight bums and we waste our time on schmucks!

Me? Not anymore! I'm going to have fun. :-)

"All my life I've been good, but now ooohhhoohh I'm thinking what the hell?" -Avril Lavine song "What The Hell" listen to this song, live this song! :)

• Like 1