Girls brain vs a guy's brain

Why does it seem like girl's can get over a relationship and move on faster than guys do? Is it because girl's have a better social circle than guys do? When a guy get dumped by his girl it's like the entire world is over and its seems like its really difficult for them to move on. Whereas some girls they can move on so quickly from the relationship and not feel so bad about it... and I say this again SOME GIRLS

Is it because guys do not like the fact of starting over in their lives when sh*t hits the fan? and do girl's feel that they are able to move on quicker because they know they deserve better and know that potentially there better for them out there?

This may be a very opinionated thread so I would like to hear from both sides and from all experiences because the main reason is to see what makes a girl's brain different from a guy's brain.

SUPPORT!!!!:D

What grounds are you basing this on?

Us women, we completely break when a relationship ends. Whether it's us who end it or vice versa. A piece of us dies every time our heart is broken, and it never comes back. We also have that feeling of not wanting to start over, and can't imagine how anything will ever feel the same again.

It has nothing to do with it being easier for us to get dates. This is a silly point anyway, whenever it's mentioned. It's absolutely not true.

Perhaps what you are seeing is that we are more in touch with our emotions, so when we get sad it's not such a surprise. We deal with it, rather than pretending we're too cool and tough for a while, and then getting upset.

• Like 2

I would say that difference only exists if the girl has alot of options (meaning she is super pretty or alot of guys like her ) and the man has fewer options.

I know plenty of men that constantly go from one girl to the next. They tend to be guys that lots of women like, or that easily get into relationships due to their socialable, lovable, charming personality.

Its not always so black and white though. Just because a girl has more options doesnt mean most of those options are good and would make her happy.

It also depends on the breakup...some people are emotionally done prior to the breakup so they move on quicker (men and women) and others are blindsided or are very invested and take awhile.

There are also some men who do have alot of friends or who just have a strong tolerance level for emotional pain and dont suffer as much as you think.

• Like 3
It's much easier for girls to get dates (maybe not with the guys you want though). And you're hot (based on your avatar)....so I'm sure it's even easier for you.

It's not true.

I haven't been on a date since December, and before that it was 6 months.

I don't agree with this, and I never have.

It's just as difficult for us to get dates as it is for guys. Lets not turn this thread into that conversation though.

But thanks for saying I'm hot ;)

I for one dont take the fallout from a failed relationship gently. I put in a lot in a relationship and when it ends, I feel all that energy was for nothing. But thats just me personally. I've seen both men and women recover fast/longer after breakups so I think its just how each person is.

And not to derail the op:

That's surprising no one has asked you out Lani. I don't know what your particular situation is, but I would ask you out in heartbeat if I knew you.

• Like 1
I for one dont take the fallout from a failed relationship gently. I put in a lot in a relationship and when it ends, I feel all that energy was for nothing. But thats just me personally. I've seen both men and women recover fast/longer after breakups so I think its just how each person is.

And not to derail the op:

That's surprising no one has asked you out Lani. I don't know what your particular situation is, but I would ask you out in heartbeat if I knew you.

I like everything about this post!

Which gender usually has the other gender hitting on them regularly? There's your answer. More options create easier breakups. For a few men, who have the same options as average and above women, the dynamic is the same. Now of course this is a generalization. Who knows whether a man or woman will suffer more in individual breakups? The man could move right along and the woman could dwell for a long time. But, IMO, the generalization is true much of the time, women move on easier due to having more options in the wings.

JuneJulySeptember

It has nothing to do with it being easier for us to get dates. This is a silly point anyway, whenever it's mentioned. It's absolutely not true.

It is easier.

Top, good looking guys can get action pretty easy, but the average woman has it so much easier than the average guy it ain't even funny.

You've basically been asked out twice just in this thread based on one grainy photo. And you are arguing that it is hard for women?

Lol.

It is easier.

Top, good looking guys can get action pretty easy, but the average woman has it so much easier than the average guy it ain't even funny.

You've basically been asked out twice just in this thread. And you are arguing that it is hard for women?

Lol.

:laugh: online forum dates don't count!

I'm not saying it's harder, I'm just saying it's equal.

The competition is a problem both ways, it really isn't as easy as you think.

It is easier.

You've basically been asked out twice just in this thread based on one grainy photo. And you are arguing that it is hard for women?

Lol.

I find it insanely funny you all were die hard saying looks dont matter as much as you think in another thread, but one seductive photo is all it takes...:laugh:

• Like 1
I don't have a problem getting/finding women to hook up with. But relationships are hard to come by. I do think women have an advantage because they don't have to deal with the fear of rejection that most guys deal with when approaching women.

Arghh!!! That's not true!!!

Not only do we have that fear, we also have the whole 'is it ok for me to approach' deal.

Come on!!!

I don't have a problem getting/finding women to hook up with. But relationships are hard to come by. I do think women have an advantage because they don't have to deal with the fear of rejection that most guys deal with when approaching women.

Yes, because most men today want relationships instead of hookups....wait, that is incorrect.

JuneJulySeptember
I find it insanely funny you all were die hard saying looks dont matter as much as you think in another thread, but one seductive photo is all it takes...:laugh:

Who, me?

Are you joshing?

Looks are ALL THAT MATTER to people!

It's pretty much the message of 97% of my posts. :laugh:

Well if you put a seductive photo up, there would then be two, and even funnier! I'm all for funnier.

Jeeez.

My gender makes me shake my head.

Any decent looking gal using her real photo on this forum is always hit on in threads...and then guys complain about a girls options. Well if some of you werent throwing yourself at just any decent looking girl, than maybe the field would equalize.

Who, me?

Are you joshing?

Looks are ALL THAT MATTER to people!

It's pretty much the message of 97% of my posts. :laugh:

Eh, I need more than looks. I need a brainy, gym going or active girl with attitude. Good looking girls are a dime a dozen. Gotta set yourself apart.

• Like 4
Jeeez.

Any decent looking gal using her real photo on this forum is always hit on in threads...and then guys complain about a girls options. Well if some of you werent throwing yourself at just any decent looking girl, than maybe the field would equalize.

It's making me realise why I didn't put up a photo sooner. And it's going soon, because of things like this.

Although it's flattering, nobody seems to want to take me seriously, and it's stupid.

Well as a guy who has his real photo up, don't you get hit on too?

Is it because guys do not like the fact of starting over in their lives when sh*t hits the fan? and do girl's feel that they are able to move on quicker because they know they deserve better and know that potentially there better for them out there?

SUPPORT!!!!:D

Is not that guys do not like the fact of starting over. Its because usually guys are the ones who chase the girls, until they either get them or get rejected. After the girl leaves, guys are left chasing other women, where as girls just need to open their legs and BAM! there's another rebound. That's why I think they get over guys faster than guys getting over girls. But that's not true for everyone. Shed a few tears, and get out! Win win :laugh:

I dont use my real photo ever as an avatar nor do I have album photos here. I have shared shots of my physique with a few members after starting a thread asking for opinions in the past. But I blotted my face out. I wouldnt say any outright hit on me after seeing my body either. (well maybe 1 lol) They just gave a thumbs up.

ThaWholigan
Well as a guy who has his real photo up, don't you get hit on too?

I get hit on when I have my pic in my avatar so it does happen.

It's making me realise why I didn't put up a photo sooner. And it's going soon, because of things like this.

Although it's flattering, nobody seems to want to take me seriously, and it's stupid.

Tell us you are really a hairy backed bald inmate named Bruno then, it will stop, I guarontee.

Yeah, but it's not real life!

Thats the difference. How much you or I get hit on in here means nothing in real life. Fact.

• Like 1

Damn your hair has gotten long and curly. Nice lipstick though!

JuneJulySeptember
Jeeez.

Absolutely.

Maybe it could be a progressive thing, like racial tolerance. It might take 20-30 years, but it might eventually happen.

I know when I was a kid, nobody thought we'd have a black president. Look how far we've come!