2 weeks NC

My apologies, this may be a little long.

Two weeks ago, my ex boyfriend broke up with me on the grounds that we argued too much and it was stressing him out. He is on the brink of getting his A-Levels and going to university, now is a stressful time for him. I fully accept his reasons for breaking up with me, the arguments sure took their toll on me too, and I know that the both of us are going to be happier in the long run as a result of this. We were together for 2 and a half years.

Since the breakup we have not spoken directly, but I have seen his Facebook statuses and tweets and he is saying things such as 'You look so much happier without me' 'I'm glad my friends can help me through my current depression' and things like that. I accept he is going to be upset despite being the dumper, but I feel that he is victimising himself and its grinding my gears a little. I have not said anything regarding our break-up on social networks, no indication of how I'm feeling, nothing directed at him at all.

I have spoken to a few mutual friends of ours a couple of days after the break-up and they say he's 'absolutely devastated' and that he's saying that he misses me. This was last week. (we broke up March 21st, I spoke to one friend on the 23rd and another on the 27th)

This week, he's taken to telling girls on Twitter that they're 'beautiful' (hes been doing this over a number of days) and asking a few if they're single (he doesn't even know these people very well). This to me, screams rebound.

However. The me he knows would have a massive problem with this, and whilst it does infuriate me that he's being so openly and publicly flirtatious with other girls so soon after breaking up with me, I have chosen not to act on it, which leads me into thinking that he's saying all these things to get a reaction out of me.

When we were together, particularly when we began dating (the first 6-8 months or so) I had a massive jealousy problem, which went away as my trust for him grew and I became more mature (I was 14 when we got together, he was 15, I am now 16 and he is now 18) I think that now that we have broken up, he is expecting me to come crawling back and call him out on his flirting. I think that where I haven't done so, he is shocked, and so is trying to goad me into reacting to his shameless flirting.

My feelings towards him at the moment? I don't feel like I'm in love with him, I don't know if I am or not, but I do not feel love towards him and I most certainly do not want to reconcile. I feel that if I break NC I will make him think I want him back, which I do not. Despite this I do feel very hurt when I see him flirting with other girls, it cuts me like a knife, but I know that if I say anything it will be a massive ego boost for him that he really doesn't need.

During the relationship he would be very egotistical; he couldn't ever be wrong, couldn't ever be beaten at a game, he had to be the smartest and the strongest and the fastest runner, and would often talk down to me if I was right about anything when he wasn't. By the end of the relationship I was scared of speaking in his presence in fear he would snap at me.

i just don't know what to make of his behaviour this past week. How can you go from missing someone you have known and loved for a long time to completely over it and looking for another girlfriend this quickly? (he said when we broke up that he's looking to stay away from dating for a while.) If he is just trying to get my attention, why? He broke up with me, he obviously wants me out of his life. That's part of the reason I haven't spoken to him, he obviously doesn't want to hear from someone he just pushed out of his life.

I'm so stuck with what to do here. Do you think he'll eventually break NC himself? 2 and a half years is a long time to move on from in 2 weeks, surely?

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. I know I'm quite young, please dont let that put you off giving me a little advice.

Thanks for reading this, it was pretty long.

Edited by ColaBucks

I don't think he sincerely loves u, he is just shocked that u can actually be without him. Anyways what is love its just emotional push n pull that gets u seeking someones approval u have pulled away now he is trying to pull u back. U r both young so maybe u should stay alone for a while to know what u want in life. But if he really wants u he can come and see u and apologize he broke up with u. If he does then u can decide carefully wether u want him back

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't think he sincerely loves u, he is just shocked that u can actually be without him. Anyways what is love its just emotional push n pull that gets u seeking someones approval u have pulled away now he is trying to pull u back. U r both young so maybe u should stay alone for a while to know what u want in life. But if he really wants u he can come and see u and apologize he broke up with u. If he does then u can decide carefully wether u want him back

Yeah, it probably is a big shock to him; I used to be at his every beck and call. Not anymore!