Future Faker

SimonSerenade

If by future faker you mean filled my heart with all kinds of broken promises about marriage and family and long term commitment like that then yeah, she was a lying no good heartless bitch!

• Like 2
  • Author
MovingOn2013
If by future faker you mean filled my heart with all kinds of broken promises about marriage and family and long term commitment like that then yeah, she was a lying no good heartless bitch!

Yep that's what I meant. Some people are just too cruel

But we got to think we had a lucky escape from the madness

Totally.

Mine referred to.his new house as an investment for our future, got me to look at all the furniture with him, even his parents kept telling about the house progress, we discussed baby names, 12 days before it happened he was mentioning a holiday to Australia.

Then what do I get....I can't give you what you want. WTF.....you wanted man I never said anything...or asked.

SimonSerenade

There really cruel people, I got engaged at Christmas, ever since then all I heard was "maybe we're just not right for eachother" etc etc, she caused her own problems yet somehow I always got the blame for everything, some people just don't have the right frame of mind for a serious commitment, sounds like we fell in love with the wrong people but better we just get on with it and leave them the hell alone, the fact we actually tried and wore our hearts on our sleeves is proof we were the bigger and better people, they just abandoned us, some people are freaks like that and just can't accept a good thing when they got it, that's all it comes down to.

• Like 1
Does anyone think there ex was a future faker?

Thoughts? Feelings?

Thoughts.....feelings...

Utterly devastated. I thought I was going to move in with him etc.

He did all the coming on strong I stayed quiet and never hinted I wanted anything fromhim.

• Author
MovingOn2013

Wow sound's like my story. What get's me though, they will probably settle down with the next person. Everything they promised us

Until there 'true self' re appears then it the same cycle..... and repeat

Only comfort we can take is they will never be happy

I think the definition of future faker is someone who makes insincere promises or talks about the future with you which he has no intention of ever going through with it. He might do that to get sex, or to keep the sex coming, or to just string you along until something better comes along, as some kind of assurance you won't leave him until he has his next girlfriend lined up. Not to be confused with people who are sincere, but who decide later that you are not a match for whatever reason, so they realize they need to break it off.

mtnbiker3000

Not to be confused with people who are sincere, but who decide later that you are not a match for whatever reason, so they realize they need to break it off.

Well, I guess I'm lucky my BU falls under this category as opposed to the FF. Although, not sure it hurts any less. In fact, at least the victim of FF can use hate to get passed feeling like crap. I just have rejection :(

• Like 2
  • Author
MovingOn2013

I just think it's cruel and nasty. Like they get off on hurting others, because they themselves can never be happy

Anyone get weird messages every 2 to 3 weeks?

I recently blocked the last attempt of nastiness, so hope I won't get anymore

Wow sound's like my story. What get's me though, they will probably settle down with the next person. Everything they promised us

Until there 'true self' re appears then it the same cycle..... and repeat

Only comfort we can take is they will never be happy

THE NIGHT BEFORE my ex-bf ended things, we were planning a cottage weekend for weeks down the road as well as our upcoming anniversary. Next morning, BOOM--he says he's not in love with me.

I worry a lot about him being able to give all of "our promises" to the next person he is with. Why does it always happen like this??? THEY get what was promised to US.

• Like 1

I devoted 3+ years of my life waiting for the future that she told me, promised me, we would have. Only to be told that I would have to wait until my kids and her kids were grown and moved out (10 more years at best) before we could live together and have that future.

Another man without kids (or possibly her husband, divorce never finalized) will get the future that I worked for and looked forward to. Someone else will get to wake up with the woman that I really and truly wanted to spend my life with.

I'm so used to sleeping alone that it shouldn't be a big deal but somehow it was so much easier when actually being able to spend more than a handful of days a month together and a couple nights a month sleeping in the same bed was a bright spot in the not so distant future.

That's the toughest thing for me (besides the fact that she was my best friend and we, for the most part, just GOT each other) is the future that kept me going is POOF! Just gone. :(

Edited by Compromize

I'm sorry for you, I am. It sounds painful

I devoted 3+ years of my life waiting for the future that she told me, promised me, we would have. Only to be told that I would have to wait until my kids and her kids were grown and moved out (10 more years at best) before we could live together and have that future.

Another man without kids (or possibly her husband, divorce never finalized) will get the future that I worked for and looked forward to. Someone else will get to wake up with the woman that I really and truly wanted to spend my life with.

I'm so used to sleeping alone that it shouldn't be a big deal but somehow it was so much easier when actually being able to spend more than a handful of days a month together and a couple nights a month sleeping in the same bed was a bright spot in the not so distant future.

That's the toughest thing for me (besides the fact that she was my best friend and we, for the most part, just GOT each other) is the future that kept me going is POOF! Just gone. :(

• Author
MovingOn2013

They are strange being's

Think I might be free of the weird contact though :D

Coming up to 10 weeks, and all I'm worth is a few texts every 2 to 3 weeks of abuse/being nice then going back to being silent (I never reply)

Just all about them, not us

Totally.

Mine referred to.his new house as an investment for our future, got me to look at all the furniture with him, even his parents kept telling about the house progress, we discussed baby names, 12 days before it happened he was mentioning a holiday to Australia.

Then what do I get....I can't give you what you want. WTF.....you wanted man I never said anything...or asked.

Wow wtf......:mad:

Mine sent me another text last midnight about some World Friendship Day crap. I was sleeping well until I got his text. When da heck is World Friendship Day anyway?!

• Author
MovingOn2013

Mine sent me another text last midnight about some World Friendship Day crap. I was sleeping well until I got his text. When da heck is World Friendship Day anyway?!

It just to remind you he's 'there'

Nothing else, they don't care about us. Just themselves. if we reply. Hey a nice big fat ego boost for them

• Like 2
It just to remind you he's 'there'

Nothing else, they don't care about us. Just themselves. if we reply. Hey a nice big fat ego boost for them

*phew* I didn't reply, kept my NC but I was mind-f*cked for the night.

• Author
MovingOn2013
*phew* I didn't reply, kept my NC but I was mind-f*cked for the night.

Well done you :)

It's really hard, but if they really cared. They would make a point of us knowing they messed up

But they never do, few texts, we ignore them, they send a few more a few weeks later, we ignore. Repeat

And nothing happens when we ignore it? Know why?

Because they don't care really. Blunt, but what I have realized in the end

• Like 1

It's called bait!!

And you didn't bite...congrats...!

It's called bait!!

And you didn't bite...congrats...!

Well, it was a pretty lame message. Otherwise I might've fallen for it. Scary but kinda funny too.

I'm sorry for you, I am. It sounds painful

Thank you Am4Real. This is the most painful thing I have ever had to go through. I guess that means it's the first time in my life that I have really loved someone.

It's really hard, but if they really cared. They would make a point of us knowing they messed up

But they never do, few texts, we ignore them, they send a few more a few weeks later, we ignore. Repeat

And nothing happens when we ignore it? Know why?

Because they don't care really. Blunt, but what I have realized in the end

This. Truth. But I think they do care in their own way. Just not in a way that is going to make things better for us all going through this. I am waiting for the next breadcrumb that will most likely pop up when I least expect it. And it won't be the "I want to see you, I want you back, I can't live without you" one that I actually WANT to see. It will be a couple sentences of some philosophical crap that leaves me wondering what the hell she really means? :confused:

Relationships suck. I used to wonder how people could be so jaded about love and be so afraid of getting hurt, it confused the hell out of me why someone could be that way or what it would take to make someone that way. Well, color me educated in the ways of love and loss. In the hardening of the heart to protect itself from being punctured and bleeding out. It's going to be really tough to let someone in, really in like my ex was, for a very long time.

• Author
MovingOn2013
Thank you Am4Real. This is the most painful thing I have ever had to go through. I guess that means it's the first time in my life that I have really loved someone.

This. Truth. But I think they do care in their own way. Just not in a way that is going to make things better for us all going through this. I am waiting for the next breadcrumb that will most likely pop up when I least expect it. And it won't be the "I want to see you, I want you back, I can't live without you" one that I actually WANT to see. It will be a couple sentences of some philosophical crap that leaves me wondering what the hell she really means? :confused:

Relationships suck. I used to wonder how people could be so jaded about love and be so afraid of getting hurt, it confused the hell out of me why someone could be that way or what it would take to make someone that way. Well, color me educated in the ways of love and loss. In the hardening of the heart to protect itself from being punctured and bleeding out. It's going to be really tough to let someone in, really in like my ex was, for a very long time.

I don't think it's caring when it mixes from abuse/being nice then getting unexpected messages (that never make sense either) then you get another in a few weeks, when you don't reply

That's just CRUEL, especially when I'm the dumpee