And, on the 20th Day of NC

Thunderchild

Good Morning Everyone

Once again, congratulations on surviving to another day. May you find the strength you need to get through the next minute, hour, day, week etc. Another “tomorrow” has arrived and you are stronger for it. What a great place this site is. A fount of knowledge, experience and wisdom for those in need.

Another night of unbroken sleep – consistently hitting the 5 hour mark now. Always a good sign when you can start sleeping properly. The quality is returning, but the quantity is still lacking. The mobile is still switched off next to me and won’t be going on again until 9am.

Well, Day 20 – almost hitting the three week mark – I believe I will be going ‘cold turkey’ getting the ex out of my system in the next week or so. I’m told is takes 21-28 days to form a habit or attachment and the same to break it. Here’s hoping that it goes well, but, at least if it all goes sh*tty, I’ll have you guys here. The ex will most likely have been through this phase already as it took her two months to admit that she had cheated/been cheating. She may well have disconnected from the relationship long before she dropped the axe. I still have my suspicions that she was cheating before the supposed “Xmas Party Fling” and held onto me (for the stability) to make sure her paramour was reasonably on board before ditching me. Then again, thinking about a break up and the reality of it are very often different things. But, as mentioned before, she has her baby, she got what she wanted and the rest of the world can probably go hang itself – which (fortunately) takes care of the guilt/breadcrumbs factor.

I have so dodged a bullet there. Fortunately, I was far, far away when the “baby rabies” struck her :D. Otherwise, my life would have been a real sh*tty nightmare compared to this break up malarkey.

Decided to hit a local online dating site last night. Welcome back to the real world. Did the profile bit about a week ago and revised it in the light of growing experience. Once again, I am ready for the ongoing barrage of “being completely ignored” or “rejection”. Fate can be such a fickle creature.

Live long and Prosper

Edited by Thunderchild

Congrats on day 20! I'm only on day 15 of the break up and day 12 NC, and i almost caved today and texted her (i know her number even though i have deleted it). I don't even know what i'm expecting. I know she doesn't want me, i know nothing she replies with (even IF she replies) is going to make me feel better.

Luckily, my friend called me at that moment and i got distracted talking to her. I then had a shower and while in there had a good talk to myself. The logic kicked in and i was like "wow i was so close to ruining my progress". I am so glad i didn't contact my ex. The day i don't think about her at all, i will be so happy.

• Author
Thunderchild
Congrats on day 20! I'm only on day 15 of the break up and day 12 NC, and i almost caved today and texted her (i know her number even though i have deleted it). I don't even know what i'm expecting. I know she doesn't want me, i know nothing she replies with (even IF she replies) is going to make me feel better.

Luckily, my friend called me at that moment and i got distracted talking to her. I then had a shower and while in there had a good talk to myself. The logic kicked in and i was like "wow i was so close to ruining my progress". I am so glad i didn't contact my ex. The day i don't think about her at all, i will be so happy.

Keep the Faith Alex, you will get there!