Not sure if there's a thread or sticky on this already but I'd love a list of self help books ppl have used and that have helped along with what it touches on ie self confidence etc

Thnks :)

Books that helped me Adelia...

1) The Power of now (helps you focus on your spiritual side and helps reprogram the mind)

2) Why Can't you read my mind (helps with relationship communication)

3) Go suck a Lemon (focuses on improving emotional maturity)

4) Getting past your breakup (the best breakup book bar none)

5) How to break your addition to a person (for people how are compulsive by nature)

6) Codependency no more (even if you are not codependent great book to help you achieve a healthy relationship in the future)

7) The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People

I have loads more but these should be a good start :-)

For me the Power of Now is by a zillion miles the best self help book I have read...

If you google books on self esteem/confidence Amazon has a top 14. I will hopefully read 2 or 3 within the next year..

Edited by Mack05
  • Like 1

Anything by Eckhart Tolle and Wayne Dyer but Eckhart is just on a total different level the book that Mack05 mentioned The Power of Now is one of his books I also have a few other audio session by him and would send you a mp4 file but really check this guy out just go to youtube and listen to him.

• Like 1
drpepper1886

I listen to the power of now when I ride my bike and when I'm making breakfast every morning.

Mindfulness in Plain English for learning how to meditate. (It's free online)

The Road Less Traveled - Dr. Scott Peck

Choose the Life You Want - Tal Ben-Sahar

The Dude and the Zen Master

The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin

• Like 1

I don't read Tolle, because he reminds me of the schmuck who used it to get out of taking responsibility for anything. He was allowed to bring things up from the past, but if I did, that was a big no-no - he lived in the now, and couldn't be bothered with anything that related to him.

I loved the Happiness Project.

Martha Beck is great, too.

The site "Baggage Reclaim" - something like that.

• Like 1