"There is sunshine when he's gone"... Feeling amazing! Update

Hey everyone. I will start by saying that I feel amazing. About two weeks ago I blocked my ex number. I didn’t hear from him until last night that he text me from his number around 11:30pm. My first impressions was how can he text me if I blocked his number? Long story short, you can’t block a person’s number on an iPhone if your iMessage is turned on. I didn’t know that but it’s off now so no worries :cool:. He usually texts me once a week late at night and I usually don’t answer because I am sleeping but this time I was awake. The conversation went like this:

Him: Hello

Me: Hey

Him: How are you?

Him: u busy?

Me: Pretty good and you?

Me: No

Him: Want to chill?

Him: Why?

Me: Because I don’t feel like it

Me: Plus I am comfortable in my bed

Him: Just for a little

Me: Maybe some other time

Him: We can watch a movie

Me: I work tomorrow

Him: Me two

Me: Talk to you some other time

Me: Good night

He didn’t reply after that. Knowing him he was probably aggregated and pissed off because I know he didn’t expect that answer from me. Honestly guys, I know that all he wanted was sex because that is what we have been doing the times that we have seen each other. I don’t need that hurting in my life. This BU has made me stronger and thought me to love myself over anybody else. I am nobody’s toy. That is why I refuse to put myself in a position like that again. I can tell you that for the first time since the 3 months of the BU, last night was the night that I slept the best. I’ve been doing so many things for myself that he is rarely on my mind and I don’t really miss him at all. I was not trying to be strong in my text, I was texting him what I felt and that’s when I realized that I am at another level of this BU and I honestly feel free. Have a great day ya’ll :p.

Edited by msalek89
  • Like 3
destroyed4sho

Yeah, good job, you sounded like you no longer give a crap.

Maybe next step is complete NC. Btw, I severly hate your ex.

• Like 4
  • Author

You are right... and trust me if you knew everything in detail you would hate him even more lol :p

I was so happy to read this. I felt particularly crappy this morning and this was great inspiration for me, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
JourneyLady

Go you!

Yeah, I am feeling pretty good on NC too. Turned out a long-time male acquaintance stepped in to cheer me up and cheer me on, and it >feels< like we may have a good thing going. He's a real trueheart who has also been hurt in the past. I am a bit amazed to have this happen so soon.

A bit more and no contact won't even matter! The ex-bf wasn't even this supportive at his best of times!

• Like 1