No contact or remain friends

SimonSerenade

So I'm here again, I'm not going to go in great depth about all of this but broke up with my girlfriend I was with for just over a year, our relationship was great and I was balls deep in love with this girl, she was like nobody I had ever met before and in a lot of ways treated me better than anybody had ever treated me, only thing was, there was things there, like her past that I just couldn't accept or deal with and at times when I needed her to be there or just to be understanding and listen to me, she'd make it hard and put on a cold attitude, we had some great times though and being with her is the most intimate I have ever been but as a man I feel I've been disrespected and in some ways she's betrayed my trust and just when I feel I'm ready to trust her again, she'd do something stupid to break it over again so naturally I know this won't work out for the long haul and I'm not going to be an idiot and stick around knowing that.

Anyway I really love this girl and one of the best aspects of our relationship was our common interests and the fact she's been the best friend I've ever had since I've known her, so though my feelings are crushed and uneasy right now should I remain friends with her or should I go down the no contact route and have nothing to do with her?

She's meant a lot to me in my life, more than anyone ever has so it's a big loss to me either way, my ex girlfriend I had a child with suffered from grass is greener syndrome for years in our relationship and years after our relationship ended so naturally not being in contact with her other than for the important things about our son was the best option back then but with this girl it's completely different, it just didn't work out.

I want to be her friend but I feel I would probably feel worse in the long run doing that right off the back of this relationship, last night she told me she wanted a child with me and couldn't wait any longer and it would mean the world to her that we were a family so after hearing that I feel I wouldn't be doing her any favours by sticking around, weird thing is though despite all of this I want all of that with her too, I just want to be able to let my guard down and trust her without her carelessly making the same mistakes over again and if she was like that as friends then screw her who needs friends like that lol as you can see I'm torn and I'm sorry this is such a long post but just looking for some insight here, should I run for the hills and never look back or stick around and see what happens over the next few months and just hope time apart gives her a little perspective

Thunderchild

She sounds like a manipulative game player. My advice is to tell her you need space and go No Contact for at least 60 days. No Contact is about you working on you. When YOU feel strong enough to deal with her, then get back in touch. If you have moved on from her then so be it. If you think there's a possibility that she has somehow miraculously changed from her old ways - then deal with the situation accordingly. If she is still her old self - ditch her. you will have the strength and power to walk away without looking back.

• Author
SimonSerenade

That would probably be for the best, she's never changed before but that's my fault for always taking her back, my head isn't in the right place right now, going no contact always helped me with that, if I talked to her now she would probably fool me all over again