After 3 weeks of NC my EX GF calls...now what?

[COLOR=#000000]So it's been a month since me and my ex girlfriend broke up and about three weeks since we last talked. The last conversation I initiated. I had to get some things off my chest about the break up but after that night I knew it was time to start the healing process and move on. Things where going nicely and then last Friday she called.

She said she called because the last time we talked I "reamed her out" and she called to "defend herself." However, when it came to it she really had nothing to say. The conversation was very awkward. After we got off the phone I sent her a text telling her if she needed to talk we could meet some place and talk when I got back in town a few days later. Actually on the phone she sounded a little saddened I was on my way to Wilmington (a fun little town with a good night life about an hour away).

However, I just don't get why she called. She dumped me. I was not happy but was content to never talk to her again. Now emotions I've been trying to suppress are back. I'm confused.

A little more back story, when we talked 3 weeks ago we talked about things in our relationship of what we actually wanted and needed in the relationship which we had failed to do when we where together. Turns out despite what she thought I had the same goals when it comes down to it. However, because in three years I plan to go back to college she said my life has too much "turmoil."

So a month after breaking up in which she dumped me and three weeks of no communication why did she really call? Heck, when I got back in town why did I call her!?

When I got back in town I called her and it went to voicemail. She called me back a few hours later and we chatted on the phone for a little over half an hour but avoided anything more than small talk. She made it clear she didn't want to delve into our relationship. I respected that. In that conversation she told me how she had to drive to Wilmington the next day when she got off work. So what did I do...break NC again (I really think I might be an idiot) and texted her telling her to drive safe...we texted back and forth a little bit over the rest of the night as she ended up not going to Wilmington. Conversation was light again, mostly talking about how her students had stolen her car keys and her subsequent misadventure.

At any rate I am sitting a month after the break up. After 3 weeks of NC which I needed and planned on keeping indefinitely for my own sake she started communication and now I have made the mistake of initiating conversation twice since but its been enjoyable each time. Should I try to reach back out to her and ask her out or go back to NC?

thanks

[/COLOR]

After 3 weeks of NC which I needed and planned on keeping indefinitely for my own sake she started communication and now I have made the mistake of initiating conversation twice

I think you have answered your own question here. From what you have posted, you owe it to yourself to move forward.

I feel your pain .. I had a couple of texts after 3 weeks to nothing good came of

It only set me right back to the start over analyzing everything again.

It's a horrible process and painful

Maybe just start again but hopefully next time

She reaches out and she probably will you keep your control and power .

Hope ur ok .. I know it sucks !

• Author

I planned to keep nc for my own sake but I have really wanted this girl. She is only the second girl out of like a decade plus worth of dating I've clicked with like we did.

I want to call this girl, at the least if this time fails I know I need to move on. Any advice on how to ask her out?