Casually ending it..without ending it?..

CantBelieve10

So im debating on ending things with the guy i've been dating for about 7 months. I just feel like we're at a stand still in our relationship and i just really feel like investing anymore time in it will eventually screw me over.

I would usually just cut the guys off or ignore them til the ***** off, but i genuinely like this guy as a person and dont want to treat him like dirt. Another factor is we kind of have the same circle of friends, where i might end up running into him one day and dont want it to be awkward.

Anyway, I've attempted slowly trying to distance myself by giving short answers and just trying not to communicate as much, but he always calls me out on it and immediately asks whats wrong, and if im ok and whatnot.

Any ideas on how to end this without full on telling him im done with whatever we've been doing?

You should be womanly about this, and end it. Not cowardly. No, lser hippies, I am not being harsh.

I agree with the above. If you want to end it, do so, but do it to his face. Allow him to have the proper closure. Doing what you are doing is only going to upset him and make it a million times worse. Had a woman break up with me via Facebook message instead of to my face and trust me it became an awful situation. We are adults here and have to act like it.

seriously? you like him so much and you can't even be honest and direct with him to break up the right way? sorry toots, that's life. dump him, there's no "easy way out".

xpaperxcutx

Did you have the talk with him about where things are going? Sounds like you rather jump ship than fight for what you want.

Anyway, I've attempted slowly trying to distance myself by giving short answers and just trying not to communicate as much, but he always calls me out on it and immediately asks whats wrong, and if im ok and whatnot.

Any ideas on how to end this without full on telling him im done with whatever we've been doing?

I have a friend that is going through this. The woman is doing the same thing you are doing. It's cowardly and cruel. Yet she proclaims to care for him.

Try to step inside the other person's shoes and try to at least find some way to feel the confusion and anxiety they must be feeling. It's called empathy.

If you're adult enough to get into a relationship, you should be adult enough to know how to let someone go. You remind me of the exes that fell off the planet and the ones that hid behind text messages. Just too chicken **** to do the right thing.