Why is this bugging me more than it should?

So me and my ex/girlfriend (don't know what we really are at this point) have agreed to NC for 2 months, to gather our thoughts and decide if we want to peruse this after some space. We agreed not to see anyone else (her idea actually) and I know I won't but I can only take what she says as a grain for salt.

Today is about the 2 1/2 to 3 day-ish point of NC and she sent me as message on facebook saying, "Sorry, I am not trying to break the whole no talking thing, I just have to explain. I will be deleting you from my facebook. I keep going to look at yours and it is better if I remove the temptation."

Now I realize it's a breadcrumb, and I shouldn't think anything of it... but it is really bothering me for some reason, and I know I shouldn't care because part of NC is to move on for my own good, but like... I don't know why it's bugging me. Like I keep reading into it... is she sad and misses me? Or is just curious to what I'm up to? Or is she generally trying to just move past and remove whatever obstacle is in her way?

I know I shouldn't even be thinking about this but... I dunno why I am, I guess this is the effect of breadcrumbs. Gotta stick to my plan, keep moving forward, keep myself busy, pick up learning the drums like I always wanted to and work-out more often and change my eating habits to gain as much muscle as I can before I meet up with her again (not to impress her, but so I can feel better about myself, and not like it wouldn't help if she decides she still wants to be with me later).

Bah... how have breadcrumbs messed with your mind in ways you didn't expect them to??

So me and my ex/girlfriend (don't know what we really are at this point) have agreed to NC for 2 months, to gather our thoughts and decide if we want to peruse this after some space. We agreed not to see anyone else (her idea actually) and I know I won't but I can only take what she says as a grain for salt.

Today is about the 2 1/2 to 3 day-ish point of NC and she sent me as message on facebook saying, "Sorry, I am not trying to break the whole no talking thing, I just have to explain. I will be deleting you from my facebook. I keep going to look at yours and it is better if I remove the temptation."

Now I realize it's a breadcrumb, and I shouldn't think anything of it... but it is really bothering me for some reason, and I know I shouldn't care because part of NC is to move on for my own good, but like... I don't know why it's bugging me. Like I keep reading into it... is she sad and misses me? Or is just curious to what I'm up to? Or is she generally trying to just move past and remove whatever obstacle is in her way?

I know I shouldn't even be thinking about this but... I dunno why I am, I guess this is the effect of breadcrumbs. Gotta stick to my plan, keep moving forward, keep myself busy, pick up learning the drums like I always wanted to and work-out more often and change my eating habits to gain as much muscle as I can before I meet up with her again (not to impress her, but so I can feel better about myself, and not like it wouldn't help if she decides she still wants to be with me later).

Bah... how have breadcrumbs messed with your mind in ways you didn't expect them to??

To me it sounds like a mixture. She contacted you to get your attention, but she probably IS removing your facebook because she doesn't want the temptation to go and look at it. However, in reality, if that was the case and she was adamant about maintaining no contact, she would've just done it without letting you know.

Basically, it was a breadcrumb to get your attention but her motivations for doing what she's doing are probably what she says. It makes sense, sometimes I want to delete facebook because it makes me so creepy... I just want to creep anyone and everyone. Why? Because I can. She might be the same. And not only does it take up time, but she might not want to see what you're up to if she's trying to keep her life separated from yours for the time being. In order for her to really see if she misses you, she needs to not have any sort of influence, such as seeing your facebook page. Just don't read too much into it. Let it be, wait the 2 months. It will probably benefit you too.

Edited by lemonlegs
  • Author
To me it sounds like a mixture. She contacted you to get your attention, but she probably IS removing your facebook because she doesn't want the temptation to go and look at it. However, in reality, if that was the case and she was adamant about maintaining no contact, she would've just done it without letting you know.

Basically, it was a breadcrumb to get your attention but her motivations for doing what she's doing are probably what she says. It makes sense, sometimes I want to delete facebook because it makes me so creepy... I just want to creep anyone and everyone. Why? Because I can. She might be the same. And not only does it take up time, but she might not want to see what you're up to if she's trying to keep her life separated from yours for the time being. In order for her to really see if she misses you, she needs to not have any sort of influence, such as seeing your facebook page. Just don't read too much into it. Let it be, wait the 2 months. It will probably benefit you too.

That gives me a lot of clarity actually, thank-you, I appreciate that. Well, guess I still have the good intentions of not responding to her breadcrumb, she probably wanted a response out of me, I'm just not going to dignify it and not worry about the whole ordeal. I guess if just 2.5-3 days into NC she's already trying to reach out to me I can only expect more down the road cuz she does still have my email, skype, and phone number (she has it memorized, and for how long I've know her, she can't get what she knows off by heart out of her head).