Any good feelings I had, now are destroyed

I spoke to my ex a few days ago-he broke up with me 2 months ago-and explained to him why I can't talk to him again or for the moment- was very selfish and immature during the break up, then apologised, asked to be friends, even sent me a present for my birthday. I never denied my feelings, but I never went after him. Had 2-3 long conversations, but I think they were quite reasonably long to be done in a period of 2 months.

Tonight I had a situation with some bills we needed to sort out. He said it's not a problem for him but he was very rude and cold and I just told him that he shouldn't be like this, there is no reason to part ways with more pain.

Why did he feel he had to be so hurtful? Why all the empty words of "You mean a lot to me" and then treating me like a bag of dirt? I never went after him, I did cry and begged on the night he told me the news, but never again!

Just always explained I can't talk to him as I still have feelings for him and he never respected it so far and then when he finally got it, he is being so mean!!! I never expected to be treated so badly, especially since a few days ago he told me how much I meant for him...

No soothing words and no apologies...This is so painful

Drummerboy420

He may not truly understand your need for no contact like he says he does. My ex was hurt when I said I can't be her friend, and SHE dumped ME. But then she was all, "it hurts but I understand." I doubt that, though. Because when I said I couldn't just be friends at times before finally going full no contact, she would get upset and wonder why her friendship wasn't good enough for me. I'm like, "Uhm, because I'm still freaking in love with you and not ready to be friend zoned?" Still not excuse for him to be cold, though. But I understand the back and forth being hurtful. She's been cold to me on several occasions, only to regret it later (her words). Still..

• Author
He may not truly understand your need for no contact like he says he does. My ex was hurt when I said I can't be her friend, and SHE dumped ME. But then she was all, "it hurts but I understand." I doubt that, though. Because when I said I couldn't just be friends at times before finally going full no contact, she would get upset and wonder why her friendship wasn't good enough for me. I'm like, "Uhm, because I'm still freaking in love with you and not ready to be friend zoned?" Still not excuse for him to be cold, though. But I understand the back and forth being hurtful. She's been cold to me on several occasions, only to regret it later (her words). Still..

Thank you dear Drummerboy and sorry I took long to reply...I hope you feel better now...Your words were soothing x