How long does it take to heal from a good break-up?

Me any my ex were LDR and decided to break up because we couldn't overcome the cultural difference and geographic distance between us. It was a good break up as we both wished the best for each other.

It's been 3 months since we broke up but we still message each other at least once a week. We've skyped one month ago for 4 hours because we still missed each other...

I got a new job and started enjoy being single after we broke up, I still missed him very bad, cried almost everyday, but I still did my best to try to move on. But yesterday I saw somebody on the street that looks a lot like him (even smelled like him) and those strong feelings for him just all came back to me. I went back home and start looking at photos we took together... I know, a HUGE step backwards...

I really thought I was doing really good, and would completely heal real soon.. But no......... Now I feel like sht...

Guys, how long does it usually take for you to get over your ex...?

creighton0123

You're not together anymore, but are still chummy. That's fine and all. Next time you talk, tell him that you're having a hard time moving on and ask him for some space for a few months. He should have no problem with that. Once you're healed and have moved on, contact him again.

• Author

Thanks. I deleted his messages and photos on my phone. At least it'll keep me from having some "visual aids" when he pops up in my mind. I think it's the right thing to do.