coping with breadcrumbs

How are people dealing with breadcrumbs when they come their way? The occasional I miss you? How are you? Hope your doin well? THinking of you? Can we talk or meet up?

What are responses to be given so I know I am ready.

She is with someone else on a rebound right now. I am in NC and have blocked her and dumped her whole family and freind list from FB. The issue is I want to over her.....but I also forgive her as I harbor no ill will and want her to be happy. The bad part is I entertain the idea of us being together again. But thats way off in the distant future.

So how do I handle breadcrumbs to heal and leave open for reconciliation?

My first response wants to be "dont talk to me until your single." And leave it at that.

Thunderchild
I guess ignore them.

I wish I had them.....at least id know he still cared.

It wouldn't - he'd just be feeling guilty.

Edited by Thunderchild

Don't reply at all. Don't say ''contact me when you're single''. Say NOTHING. If you say that you are basically saying ''I am completely ok with you seeing someone else, and when you get bored, I will still be waiting for you like a puppy dog''.

Do what you want but this is my advice. Be strong and good luck.

• Like 5
The issue is I want to over her.....but I also forgive her as I harbor no ill will and want her to be happy. The bad part is I entertain the idea of us being together again. But thats way off in the distant future.

I mean, so long as you put it aside, concentrate on healing yourself, bettering yourself post-breakup, and maintaining a religious NC, is it really a bad thing per-se to think, or better yet compartmentalize in the back of your mind the thought of "OK, if I am still single, and if this person HAS taken the right steps to better herself so this doesn't happen again, I might consider giving her another shot - but until then, it's all about me, who I met, and the experiences I have doing new things."?

TBH with my situation I'm the same - went NC recently, cut off all communications - meeting new people, doing new things, hanging out with friends doing more to keep my mind off her... but I also welcome the chance for reconciliation if and/or when it comes [without either abandoning the thought of wanting it [and why] should the chance comes, OR geting my hopes up/letting the idea consume me]

Edited by travelonic
  • Like 2
GlassesSeventy
How are people dealing with breadcrumbs when they come their way? The occasional I miss you? How are you? Hope your doin well? THinking of you? Can we talk or meet up?

What are responses to be given so I know I am ready.

She is with someone else on a rebound right now. I am in NC and have blocked her and dumped her whole family and freind list from FB. The issue is I want to over her.....but I also forgive her as I harbor no ill will and want her to be happy. The bad part is I entertain the idea of us being together again. But thats way off in the distant future.

My first response wants to be "dont talk to me until your single." And leave it at that.

Listen to me - ignore her. I was in the exact same situation not long ago. You think you're getting somewhere with her, you're not. Just ignore her. If you don't, you'll get hurt and she won't.

• Like 2
Sexy Teddy Bear

I agree with the others. Do not contact her at all. Ignore every text she sends. Maybe even block her number. She doesn't deserve to be with you. The moment she left you is the moment she gave up any and all rights she had to be with you. Even if she came back to you, it probably wouldn't be wise to take her back. If she wanted to be with you, well, she should have thought about that before she left you.

• Like 2