Ex wants to stay friends. Not so sure anymore

I was healing so well. Ex has been adamant about remaning friends, either now or down the road. We have contact with one another maybe a few times a month (3 months post BU). I've gone on a few dates, doing well moving on. Had a few drinks in me last night, and found out he was hanging out with the girl I suspected had something to do with him breaking up with me. He denies and denies and denies that he has any romantic interest in her (even though he slept with her after we broke up....they're "just friends".....). I got emotional, and told him I didn't think I could be friends with him because I'm having a hard time believing him about her. I can't be friends with someone who would lie to me. I don't want to lose him completely, he doesnt want to lose me either. He really wants to remain friends.....I just don't know what to do. I'm afraid to say good bye forever. I want to make this work.....I just keep having doubts about his honesty with the BU. He said he would call today so we can talk about all of this....and part of me just wants to not answer and block him out completely. I don't know what to do :(

purplereigncb

Block him. You can be friends a year from now. You have to trust your instincts about the honesty. You have to ask yourself why the coincidences.

• Like 4

What purple said above. YOU CANT BE FRIENDS NOW OR ANY TIME SOON.

This in an insane idea and will delay you healing until you go hard core NC. Plus being friends is for his benefit and selfish and at your expense. There is nothing to talk with him about at all. Cav

• Like 3
Simon Phoenix

Echoing the other two responses. You are trying to reinvent the wheel here and it's just not working. You can be friends down the road, but not now. Too many unsettled emotions.