Has anyone ever.....

Has anyone ever sent the song by James Blunt "Goodbye My Lover" to an ex? As either a way of actually saying goodbye.....or as a way of possibly instilling some kind of hope in them or planting a seed to grow?

On that topic....What have others done to plant a seed of love or have have done something remarkable to give their ex a lasting impression of you before you go NC or exit their life for good, or win them back. I have heard that this is often key.

Ordinaryday

God no, not even my ex, as hideous as she was, deserves to be subjected to James Blunt ! I told my last ex, who dumped me, something like 'if you ever want to give us another chance and prove how dedicated I am to you then you know how to contact me, but please don't contact me unless it is about reconciling'. I told her this last November, not a word since, although I do still (kind of) hope at the back of my mind.

• Like 3

I really don't think that's wise..

I know my ex is one piece of work I'm

Sure I'd just give her and her girlfriends

Stuff to laugh and joke about me if I done it!!

If u made your case for another try or begged,pleaded

Or whatever you have to realise the balls not in your court

It's her choice you gotta let her be and see if time clears her mind..

Personally sending poems and songs I think is a bad idea..

Has anyone ever sent the song by James Blunt "Goodbye My Lover" to an ex? As either a way of actually saying goodbye.....or as a way of possibly instilling some kind of hope in them or planting a seed to grow?

Oh god, no.. that song just makes me nauseous!

In an interview with James Blunt, the interviewer commented

"James, everyone is very derisory about your songs, and they frankly say they're crap....."

He replied,

"Well, have you heard them - ?!" and laughed.

He basically agreed.

He's got enormous talent for writing the kinds of songs ladies apparently want to hear.

he is a prolific 'player', and has the reputation of having sex with anything that moves.... allegedly..... ;)

But sending this will simply evince the reaction of her sticking two fingers down her throat.

On that topic....What have others done to plant a seed of love or have have done something remarkable to give their ex a lasting impression of you before you go NC or exit their life for good, or win them back. I have heard that this is often key.

Really?

From whom?

Where?

In brief - they're wrong.

There is no such thing as 'planting a seed of love' in your ex's heart.

There was ALREADY a 'seed of love'.

But it wasn't watered, nurtured, tended to or fed properly, so it wilted and died.

Like roses, you can never plant the same thing, in the same place, twice.

Forget 'Hope'. That's such a ridiculous premise....

Stop romanticising this break-up.

It was a plan, but it failed.

be logical.

File it under 'experiences/lessons learnt', shut the drawer, and move on.

• Like 1

In fairness I'd love to know if anyone felt the need to

Record a video of them singing such a song and send it!!

Now that's some pretty messed up stuff!!

But I'd say its happened!!

Breakups make us crazy !!

Another one here who agrees on the no-Blunt ruling. Heartbreak is one thing, Blunt is a whole next level of pain.

Don't send any songs to your ex, no matter who sings them. It reeks of desperation, they will see right through it and it will certainly not plant any good type of seed or "make them think".

That song is too sad for me, I couldn't listen to it even before my breakup.

I listen to certain songs to empower myself sometimes, as cheesy as it is, but I would never send my ex a song. If I were to - hypothetically - it would be Andy Grammar's "Miss Me." :p

I tried planting seeds, but my ex would rip them up every time and insult me or tell me about her new boyfriend instead.

So I gave up.

NoLeafClover

The only song I'd send to my ex is called - "F**k You - by Dr.Dre"

• Like 1
Fallen Petals

I have been sent many a sappy song by H during our separation - but thank GOD nothing from James Blunt!!! Now if you wanna send something try Lonely by Attack! Attack! or try Missing by Evanescence....you can even go back to something like Sinead O'Conner with the one Nothing Compares to You (I don't care how you view her - the song does relay a message for those in heartbreak)...but please...no James Blunt.

Now, having said all of that. Ultimately, don't send the song. Every time he sent me a song it was another reminder of all of the things I wanted him to say WHILE WE WERE TOGETHER and just painful reminders that he didn't appreciate me enough to say them then.

• Author

For the record....I am not going to send a song lol. Just wondered what others did or thought on the topic.

She is with someone else now and I am in NC so I can move on....Waiting to see how I deal will breadcrumbs if and when they come. How do we deal with hellos? how are yous? I miss yous? Can we talk? I hope your well?

An ex from 10 years ago split up with me as he didn't love me.

Then he hand wrote this poem and sent it to me in the post:

787. Remember. Christina Georgina Rossetti. The Oxford Book of English Verse

WTF was he smoking?

Then he threw his new gf in my face......he split up with me. If the bu meant so much to him then why bu in the first place.

• Author

That seems rather selfish of him.....I didnt write a poem.

I did however write a letter outlining a new plan for us and express sentiments of a much stronger relationship. I gave her that not know how dedicated she was to her new guy. I courted and dated her for 3 months out of love and respect......this guy got 3 lucky weeks and didnt earn one damn thing. Its BS and I hate. She didnt take the letter to heart and glossed over it. To late it seems.

I wanted to send my ex the picture of me in my wedding dress that he never wanted to see until the day of the wedding. But now that's not going to happen. I won't send the picture either because I don't have his email address and I just think it seems sad. Sucks.

I did this exact thing two weeks ago. Actually thought you were my ex girlfriend on here to figure out why I sent it. First off I'm a freaking idiot for sending it but I had a weak moment. She responded but of course not how I had envisioned it. So yeah just chop off your hands now to keep yourself from doing it. It isn't worth it.