Facebook, Instagram.. what about them?

The story about the massive jerk I've met is here.

I'm happy to say I'm completely over him or his stuff, but here's another problem... He follows me on Instagram...

So my friends and my mother advised me to delete all my personal pictures... Not only because of him but because of 2 fake friends who only want to know about my life but don't want to talk to me.

A friend of mine advised me to block him because if he doesn't want to talk to me, he doesn't deserve to see my pictures either.

I don't wanna do that because I think he suffers from NPD and for narcissists any kind of attention is an ego booster, even if you show you don't want them in your life, it will be an ego booster to them.

What should I do?

xDazedandConfusedx

I feel the same way about Facebook! I refuse to delete my ex of facebook, he broke it off so he can go and remove me (I refuse to be seen as the angry, bitter ex who deletes him to spite him). Not sure what you should do though...

just pretend like he isn't even there, or watching (just dont post racey photos). If he gets off on attention, whether good or bad, completely ignoring him and acting like you were not phased by the break up and that you've moved on will really get under his skin. He will eventually move on from that, or he could lash out. However, it is your life, and you said you don't want to have him define it, or have him impact your social media, so don't. Pretend he isn't even there, and ignore him... eventually he will go away.

I strongly urge you to block him on facebook and delete him on instagram! Do the proper block on facebook where it won't even allow him to search for your name in the search bar.

He is a narcissist. By giving him control over what you do and don't feel comfortable posting, or by giving him an insight into your personal life you are stroking his ego and feeding his disorder. When you block or delete someone it's a passive action that won't send him any kind of notification. He just won't be able to find you on facebook any more.

It will be good for him too!

I strongly urge you to block him on facebook and delete him on instagram! Do the proper block on facebook where it won't even allow him to search for your name in the search bar.

He is a narcissist. By giving him control over what you do and don't feel comfortable posting, or by giving him an insight into your personal life you are stroking his ego and feeding his disorder. When you block or delete someone it's a passive action that won't send him any kind of notification. He just won't be able to find you on facebook any more.

It will be good for him too!

@ Sam

I would generally say the same thing. I'm the blocking type myself. However, in the OPs case she doesn't to give this person any attention, whether good or bad. The best thing for her is to give him nothing. What is a better way to show someone you don't care either way about them and that you are fully moved on, then by not changing a thing? That shows the person that they aren't pushing any of your buttons, and are just a past memory.

• Like 1
  • Author
@ Sam

I would generally say the same thing. I'm the blocking type myself. However, in the OPs case she doesn't to give this person any attention, whether good or bad. The best thing for her is to give him nothing. What is a better way to show someone you don't care either way about them and that you are fully moved on, then by not changing a thing? That shows the person that they aren't pushing any of your buttons, and are just a past memory.

I agree with you... some people love to see that someone is pissed with them. If I block him he'll think "oh she's pissed because I don't wanna talk to her anymore, muahahaha." And I won't do that.

See I have this same issue, my ex follows me on Instagram and I follow her. She's supposedly in a new relationship and she posts picture knowing full well that I will see it. Now I'm not buttheart by this but the thing Is i don't know to do is unfollow her. Should I?...but she hasn't unfollow me and any photos I post will come up on hers but If she's in a new relationship and is over me enough to still follow me and not 'care' wouldn't I look like her posting pics is getting to me if I unfollow her?

Simon Phoenix

Don't know anything about Instagram but Facebook is easy. Cut off their news feed and just don't click on their page. It's ignoring them without them knowing it.

My ex blocked a couple of my friends and my mother on fb eventhough she wasn't friends with any of em on FB.

I had already blocked her but when i saw she had blocked my peeps (especially my mom), I thought that was a very ****ty move because it's like involving others into her decision to BU.

If you want to be ugly about things then go ahead and block him. I am sure it will hit his ego. If you feel like it's not worth it and that you're already moved on then let it be who cares kind of thing.

As a dumpee I would delete them and block them as I have been. I have absolutely no desire to talk or see my ex who thought could mess with my heart as she pleases.