would he confess if i said something while intoxicated that would hurt him?

When my boyfriend and I first split up we had both hooked up with other people..I did not mention one of them and I still feel guilty for not saying...

We were out at a friends gathering and unfortunately I got too intoxicated and don't remember the rest of the night. I apparently was having a deep conversation with a friend and my boyfriend was over hearing us..it was just talking about our past break up. he had asked me what we were talking about and I said nothing and he said I heard you talk about us..and I said it was all good things (now I do not remember any of this, he told me the next morning) I started crying and got mad at him and saying "ugh we are fighting again" and I guess cried the whole way home and he said I couldn't say much except im sorry.

my guilty conscience gets me thinking "did I mention the hook up I didn't tell him" just because I was so intoxicated.

would he have brought it up to me if I did say? or would he let it go?

I feel its a pretty big thing and he would have said something if I did.

We were doing good for a little after that night and then we kept getting in fights and him still being upset about that night because I made him look bad in front of people by not wanting him to touch me and crying..and because I got that drunk. But he said he was getting over it.

A week in a half later we broke up...

You think he would have mentioned that occurrence if I did say it while I was drunk and he knows I don't remember anything?

? Does it matter what you said when you were drunk? Would it change the current course of events?

In any case - if you said something that painted you in a worse light - if he is already broken up with you and has NO intention or desire to get back with you - I doubt he would say anything to you, but just chalk it up instead as "See that's another reason why I'm not going back there, I did the right thing".

If he DOES have leftover feelings for you and/or a desire to work things out, as soon as the opportunity arose he would've been flinging it in your face real fast & furious.

SO given he hasn't said anything it's either you blurted it out, and he doesn't care enough to give you static about the confession - OR - you said nothing, and he knows nothing.

K.

• Author

We were still together and doing good after that night happened..You don't think he would mention it then? Especially the next day?

We just ended up fighting a lot after and that's what ended things mainly..

if you were still together and going STRONG/GOOD when you got drunk - i can almost guarantee you - if you had blurted something out, he would've called you out on it asap.

The fact that you later on broke up - and he still said nothing - reinforces, for me, that you didn't say anything crazy that night. He broke up for other reasons.

Don't stress/obsess - I do not think you blurted anything out that night.

K.

• Author

I appreciate your help and thought, thank you!

Also, do guys try to make you confess? because a few days after that happened we got in a fight that I brought up about a past issue and he said...

(this was when we first broke up awhile back) "you kissed 3 guys while we were broken up" "you don't hear me accusing you and asking you all the time cuz I trust you" "right"

and I said ya your right...and that's when problems started happening...

that couldn't have been a way for him to have me say anything ya?