Kissed the ex after 7 years

Has any of you meet your ex after years apart and it ended up in a kiss? It just happened to me and I would love to hear what you felt and how it ended up. I'm a little confused, obviously.

Edited by edgygirl
  • 1 month later...
MYCluciferase

Yes.... not sure if my experience is going to help though.

So I was in a relationship with a woman some years back. I totally adored her, but knew that there was a history of cheating on boyfriends, and sure enough she cheated, we split, we got back together, she cheated again and I was so crazy for her I just told her she could have boyfriends - we lived together for a while. (you can read a past thread of mine if you want all the gory details).

OK we split eventually - not due to the sexual issues.

Years later I had time off between jobs and she unexpectedly phoned me - we hadn't been in touch for six years, and had been finished for eight. She'd moved to a new country and wondered if I'd like to visit. I had the time, the money, although I felt over her, I liked her a lot, she'd been a friend and an important gf to me, I thought why not?

I flew out and she hugged me at the airport. That first evening she dressed up really sexily and we went out together for dinner, then for drinks. She wanted to rehash our relationship, had felt really hurt when we split, and, sensing that she was looking for an ego boost, I ended up telling her she was pretty much the one that got away (which was true in a way).

When we got back to her place she grabbed me on the couch and we had a long snogging session and even started to remove our clothes, but then she stopped us and said "Wait, I'd like to, but we can't, I'm going to get married in a couple of months...!" My jaw just dropped.

She told me minimal details and went off to bed.

I met the fiancee the next day and it was quite clear he did NOT like me being around (don't blame him). He stuck to her like glue for the next day or so and glowered at me - he didn't speak English.

I ended up moving to a hotel until my flight home, not wanting to mess things up for the ex-gf, but what drove me mad was that she never explained her behaviour or what she was getting out of this - I was quite sure that she had wanted something, whether sex, closure, reassurance, a bargaining chip with her fiancee... ?????

how it ended up? I left and she got married...

Edited by MYCluciferase
correction
Has any of you meet your ex after years apart and it ended up in a kiss? It just happened to me and I would love to hear what you felt and how it ended up. I'm a little confused, obviously.

depends on the kiss, really. but after 7 years, the person that can best answer that is going to be your ex.

MYCluciferase

"the person that can best answer that" - I'll go a step further and say 'the only person...'

Your ex could have just been happy to see you and suddenly got carried away by how you looked in the moment...

- he could be reassuring himself that he still has power over you...

- he might be confused about his feelings for you...

- he could be interested in rekindling the romance...

- if he's just been jilted he could be using a quick kiss with you to sooth his ego...

tell us some more about your situation...

MYCluciferase

...or maybe his situation...

Actually that's probably what you need to investigate.

Do you have any mutual friends?