Girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me.

She literally just broke up with me no less then a hour ago, We had been together for 2 years she broke up with me(posted here for that as well). Then we got back together 3 months later (Biggest mistake of my life). She just broke up with me again 2 years later. I could have saved my self 2 years. Im pretty lost right now she had trouble breaking up with me just now and she couldn't do it so I said I hope you have nice life, I hope all your dreams come true and I wish your family well, But don't text me, don't call me, don't even think about striking up a conversation. I will not let you back in my life, this is probably one of the hardest decisions of my life, thats a best friend of 4 years im going to eliminate from my life...heres the kicker we work together. Any tips/advice would be appreciated. My first step is going to be deleting her all off any social media. I feel like I know how to handle this but I don't think it has hit me yet to be honest. I just can't believe she screwed me twice, I guess its my fault. The only good thing is im going to vegas in 2 weeks for 4 days. Pretty much a identical situation to 2 years ago :(

Edited by MrDrama
A n t h o n y

Yeah I work with my recent "ex" also and its dreadful to say the least. Act like yourself at work don't act all depressed or different. and if you must talk to her keep it short and simple. I took any days off I had to work with mine here recently, tired of her mind games.

• Author
Yeah I work with my recent "ex" also and its dreadful to say the least. Act like yourself at work don't act all depressed or different. and if you must talk to her keep it short and simple. I took any days off I had to work with mine here recently, tired of her mind games.

Its a terrible situation it really is, thats the mistake I made last time was not acting my self. I have matured a bit (I hope) I think I can handle it but only time will tell. Thanks for sharing your story makes me feel like im not alone. I hope all goes well for you.

Man i feel for you bro. Same thing with my 8 year RS. We got back together twice. If i had more balls things probably should have been over in 2008 but i let it continue on only to get my heart torn out again.

You made the right choice in deleting everything. The only way out of these things is to truly go NC like you life and existence depends on it. No going back EVER. KILL ALL HOPE NOW OR YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE TORMENTED.

I'm at 4 months NC and feeling good. Never thought id be here to say that. I was sure id die from the heart break the 1st month. I Didn't die and am doing well. STAY NC. Block her on everything. It is survival time. Rock on! Cav

A n t h o n y
Its a terrible situation it really is, thats the mistake I made last time was not acting my self. I have matured a bit (I hope) I think I can handle it but only time will tell. Thanks for sharing your story makes me feel like im not alone. I hope all goes well for you.

Ehh my situation is beyond fixing. She's 17, young, doesn't have a clue what she wants in life, stuck on her ex. Why I'm just avoiding her. Today is actually week 2 of NC but I've been here before just gets easier and easier. And besides I know I'm a good looking guy, I work out everyday, getting my personal trainers license, and actually know what I want in my life. In the end she's the one missing out.

• Author
Man i feel for you bro. Same thing with my 8 year RS. We got back together twice. If i had more balls things probably should have been over in 2008 but i let it continue on only to get my heart torn out again.

You made the right choice in deleting everything. The only way out of these things is to truly go NC like you life and existence depends on it. No going back EVER. KILL ALL HOPE NOW OR YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE TORMENTED.

I'm at 4 months NC and feeling good. Never thought id be here to say that. I was sure id die from the heart break the 1st month. I Didn't die and am doing well. STAY NC. Block her on everything. It is survival time. Rock on! Cav

Thanks for the reassuring advice, it makes me feel like im doing the right thing. Somehow they always draw you back in, im assuming they just think they can do better, fail then come back. Im lucky to have good friends to keep me in line. Thanks for your story and advice I appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Author

I feel so sick to my stomach right now I found out she has been cheating on me just like she was the last time she broke up with me...I can barley speak and im crying in a pitch dark room worst feeling ever.

I swear I envy you Cav. Lol.

• Like 1

You've got to stay NC. You will have lots of bad days, but then the good days will start to outnumber them. Don't go poking about trying to find out what she did or what she's doing. Resist the temptation to contact her - it will break your heart (again!) when she either doesn't respond or doesn't respond the way you want her too. My girlfriend of 6 years left me 4 months ago, suddenly. I was blissfully happy and completely unaware she wasn't. She never explained why she left. Shortly afterwards she met a new guy. she's from Vietnam and the new guy tried to get her to stay in the UK but she ignored him and went. They may or may not still be together. I have no idea.

Here's the thing. I emailed her saying not to contact me because I needed time. But as soon as she got home she emails me to let me know she has landed and asking me to keep in touch. I ignore it and then a week later I get another email where she updates me on what she's doing. I ignore that for a few days. 12 days NC. Then I cracked. It was Vietnamese New Year (Tet) yesterday and I emailed her to wish her happy new year.

And you know the rest. I haven't heard anything back from her and i'm hurting all over again. Admittedly it's only been a day since I emailed her, but the point is you just set yourself up for heartache if you break NC.

Stay NC. I wouldn't have cracked if it hadn't been for Tet - it's a very important festival in Vietnam and I told myself that I just HAD to break the silence - but I regret it now. When you email them you hand them power.

But, we live and learn.

I feel so sick to my stomach right now I found out she has been cheating on me just like she was the last time she broke up with me...I can barley speak and im crying in a pitch dark room worst feeling ever.

Now you know the truth. Now, you can move on without thinking that the break up was entirely your fault. She cheated on you TWICE! She is NOT worth your tears.

I strongly recommend getting your resume together and looking for a new job if you can. The farther away you can get from this toxic girl, the better off you're going to be. Time to write her off and continue to make positive changes in your life. You gave her a couple of years. Don't give her a day or even a minute more of your time.