is she stringing me because she thinks she can?

So as the topic shows that's the main question i have for you LS members, but i would preferably like the women to answer this topic because i would like to know what goes on in your mind if you decided to do this.

So the situation right now is my ex girlfriend just randomly texted me asking me "How are you doing?" and " You haven't texted me in awhile." The weirdest thing is that I only had saw her 2 days ago.. The meet up was simply just for us to talk because she had been avoiding me for 3 weeks and everytime I asked to meet up she would say she's too busy or plans came up. And it was actually her decision to want to talk to meet up and talk tome in the first place, and when I agreed to meet up with her she always tried to avoid me.. I dont know why....

But anyways... so she sent me that text today Feb 8th and I just saw her on Wednesday Feb 6th... Why would she send me such messages? Is she just bored? ( In Canada right now were having a major snow storm, so perhaps shes stuck at home and has nothing to do so maybe thats why? lol) Or is she just trying to see if I reply to her, she knows she can still yank my chain because Im still around...

I'm getting over her from a 3 year relationship and plus the times I had met up with her, she showed significant evidence that she was with another guy because she had tons of pictures of her and the other dude and just pictures of him on her phone, so pretty much dont need anymore explanation right?

But I just want to know what is she initially trying to do? Play mind games with me or what? Lemme know your feedback!!! ;)

Yes.

You should be in total, across-the-board, unequivocal No Contact.(See my signature).

....Why aren't you?

As long as you remain in touch, she will yank your chian and throw you breadcrumbs.

You seem surprised but sadly, it's classic Post-break-up Dumper behaviour.

That doesn't make them bad people. Just people doing wrong things.....

Go No Contact.

You sure your ex isn't named Gemma? LOL totally reminds me of my ex in someways...cheater etc. Do as Redlips Tara suggests she is spot on.

• Author
Yes.

You should be in total, across-the-board, unequivocal No Contact.(See my signature).

....Why aren't you?

As long as you remain in touch, she will yank your chian and throw you breadcrumbs.

You seem surprised but sadly, it's classic Post-break-up Dumper behaviour.

That doesn't make them bad people. Just people doing wrong things.....

Go No Contact.

Well im not suprised with her actually, and after the day i saw her i hadnt contacted her since. The talk with me and her was more of a sign of closure because i knew she was moving on with her new guy and i want to forget her and move on with my life..

Derpderpleton

She's definitely stringing you along just to lessen her guilt over everything. As soon as she feels that her conscience is clear, she'll toss you aside and move on with her new guy like you never existed. I just had this happen to me and it sucks. It's even more complicated for me because I have to work with her and our families are somewhat close. Don't fall for this bait like I did. You will REALLY regret it..

• Author

Friggin ex girlfriend called my house this morning! I was in NC with her for a few days already and knowing her she started to wonder what happened to me because she sent me that text (read the first post if you haven't already) and called me but I didn't pick up.

But my dad this morning picked up the phone and she asked for me and he told her I was here! UGH!! and he gave me the phone to talk to her... I really didn't want to talk to her.. so i think now that I "had" to talk to her she knows im around still.... she's still yanking that chain..... stupid dad....

No, really - 'stupid' you....

Loud enough voice for exGF to hear:

"Sorry dad, tell her I'm not anywhere close to ready to talk to her. I'll talk to her when I'm ready, not when she thinks it's time."

And walk away.

So -

That said, how did the convo go?