Is this a rebound?

Questions about my ex and his marriage, is it a rebound? I am asking this question to get some feedback on what other people think, because I am beyond hurt, confused, angry, pissed, depressed and sad.

My ex and I were together for 7 years. We are both 37 now. We lived together for 7 years, have a 3 year old, house, owned a business together, etc. When we met, it was all fast. I love you's, moving in, starting a business, all within the first few months. That was our story.

During our 7 years, we had our issues. I felt he never truly valued me, or wanted to commit. Even when I became pregnant, I hoped he would propose. I felt unappreciated, etc. So long story short, I had made him leave our home 5 months ago, we had a fight about the way he was treating me (calling me names) and text messages on his phone from his ex's (which he claimed were harmless).

I thought he would take this time to re-evaluate our relationship, or take time to himself, because he clearly stated he needed "space" and lost who he was.

So 1 week to the day of him leaving, he met a 24 year old. They started a long distance relationship, she lives 3 hours away. 6 weeks later, they took off to Vegas and eloped. Not one person knew about this, and his family hadn't even met her. People still thought we were together.

During the 6 weeks they were dating, he would show up at my house, to either visit our son, or carry on 2 - 4 hour long conversations with me, mostly about our relationship. He even cried a few times. Of course I was bawling anytime I saw him or talked to him. Meanwhile, he was seeing this girl.

A week before he eloped, he called me crying saying he couldn't understand why we can't get along. 5 days later, he gets married.

During the 6 weeks he was even telling me that he was just having fun, and that he would never get into a relationship, and that he didn't want to hurt me. That he would never label her as a girlfriend. I told him I wanted nothing to do with her, I didn't even want to know her name, and that it wasn't fair to be calling me and coming over to my house to tell me about how much fun you are having with her.

He told me he married her because she was a cool chick, and they don't ever fight!

So my question is - is this a rebound? I have very limited contact with him now, and he always looks like ****, and depressed. I can see this when he drops off our son.

Sorry if this a bad question, I just want to know what everyone else thinks.

The Karma of screwing over a good chick is the b.itch he ends up with. Just wait for it.

He's known her like 2 months and he got married b/c they don't fight. HA! Of course this is a rebound! He's a jumper. He didn't want to put the effort with you and just went to the easiest thing. An idiot 24 year old who elopes after 5 seconds.

This has "implosion" written all over it.

• Like 1