Is there ever really a good time to have "the talk"?

So you like someone, but you have serious issues with the relationship, and where its going, and how its working, etc.

Is there ever really a good time to sit them down and ask them to discuss this with you, to point out that if things don't change somewhat drastically that you don't see things working out?

I'm finding that "planning" a day or a time to do this just makes some weird cosmic event conveniently happens that then makes me feel like an ******* for even thinking about how I feel at a given moment. If I tell her I need to talk, she's going to freak out, and writing how you feel in a letter, as classy as that is...just seems like cowardice to me at the moment.

If 'the talk' involves relationship compatibility, commitment, etc., that's not something I'd want to drag out and I'd rather nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. I suppose it also depends on how invested you both are and how important you believe the 'issue' is and whether or not it is potentially detrimental.

There is never a good time, but the sooner the better.

Dragging it out makes you feel frustrated and resentful, and robs you both of time you could either be working to make things better or finding someone that better meets your needs.

I think the best time if there is one, assuming your significant other works is a Friday after work, or a Saturday morning so they have a weekend to recover before they have to go in to work.