Do I really want to do this?

I'm not coping very well.

Not sleeping, bordering on reclusive, other than going to work I don't go out, I dissolve into tears at work and I'm falling apart, feel like on the border of panic attacks, etc

I've been on valium, sleeping tablets and now the doctor has given me prozac. anyone been on it? Side effects etc

You're going to become a zombie. :/

Why are you not coping? Are you talking to a counselor at all? I know how much it sucks trying to move on but you must force yourself to take those first steps. Drugs aren't going to get you through this. YOU'RE going to get yourself through this.

Force yourself to be out even though you don't want to be. It's going to be miserable the first few times, I was there. I remember being there and wanting nothing more but to be back with my ex. But each subsequent thing I did, I felt the burden lifting. I started having fun, and smiling. I started meeting new people. Doing all new things I never had the time to do when I was with my ex.

Being a recluse is not conducive to healing at all. You're making it worse for yourself. You're dwelling, you're alone, you're head has all this time, space, and emptiness to just think, and ponder, and question. It's going to make you crazy. You need to get out. Go spend time with family, or old friends you put on the burner when you were with your ex. Chat up new people while you're out. Let someone new show you that you're capable of smiling without your ex.

You will heal, but you need to be open to it, and willing to do what it takes to start moving on. Drugs are not the answer.

Coping Vortex
I'm not coping very well.

Not sleeping, bordering on reclusive, other than going to work I don't go out, I dissolve into tears at work and I'm falling apart, feel like on the border of panic attacks, etc

I've been on valium, sleeping tablets and now the doctor has given me prozac. anyone been on it? Side effects etc

Because of my BU I tried Lexipro and Paxil. I only lasted one day on each. They made me stoned and gave me bad headaches. I heard the symptoms go away after a few weeks but the meds take 8 weeks to kick in. By then I wouldn't need them. Plus they all kill your libido. Who wants that.

however I take Xanax to sleep most nights.

• Author
Because of my BU I tried Lexipro and Paxil. I only lasted one day on each. They made me stoned and gave me bad headaches. I heard the symptoms go away after a few weeks but the meds take 8 weeks to kick in. By then I wouldn't need them. Plus they all kill your libido. Who wants that.

however I take Xanax to sleep most nights.

Be careful with xanax. I live in the UK and I asked my doctor for it. She looked horrified. xanax is very strictly controlled in the UK. it is note prescribed much, is highly addictive and dangerous when you try to withdraw from it.....

Coping Vortex
Be careful with xanax. I live in the UK and I asked my doctor for it. She looked horrified. xanax is very strictly controlled in the UK. it is note prescribed much, is highly addictive and dangerous when you try to withdraw from it.....

I only take it here are there. when I have a night where I can get my ex out of head, i take it to sleep. I try to get along without it most nights.

• Author
I only take it here are there. when I have a night where I can get my ex out of head, i take it to sleep. I try to get along without it most nights.

Valium isn't as dangerous as xanax. try that.

I am in a downward spiral. I want him back so badly and am desperate to contact him.