When trust is broken...what did u do?

Just want input in what anyone reading this would do if someone u loved broke your trust? Like if u find out they were lying to u or cheating on u. Do u immediately leave or try to work on it and stay? How many people have tried to work on it and stayed with the person only to discover later on that the relationship isn't the same so u eventually leave.

I often wonder about this and I believe once someone breaks ur trust it would be very hard to get back, I think it damages things and the "feeling" of the relationship since trust, honesty, and communication are the foundation of a relationship anyway.

Can anyone share some situations with me where trust has been broken and how u dealt with it, how u feel about it, what u ended up doing, and if u stayed did it feel the same?

For the record I had caught my ex cheating (emotionally) I can't prove a physical act but I found out after our breakup the girl had been to his house several times. After I caught this I tried to stay but since he broke trust the relationship wasnt the same. A month later he dumped me for this other girl and now they are engaged. I kept blaming myself when I know I shouldn't and the more I think about it since I knew he cheated I don't think the trust could've been restored.

You're mind will play tricks on you to try and protect your heart and physical well being.

Once the trust is gone it usually takes several years to gain back, at least in my opinion.

You will always question what he/she is doing if they flake on you or don't answer their phone. You will try to trick yourself into believing they have regained your trust but in all honesty it is very difficult to do so.

My ex cheated on me about 3-4 years ago, we tried to rebuild the trust but I found her falling back into old habits. This lead to me coming off as insecure because I would question who she is with or what she is doing.

Well, old habits dye hard and she cheated again.

Cheat on me once, shame on you. Cheat on me twice, shame on me.

• Author
You're mind will play tricks on you to try and protect your heart and physical well being.

Once the trust is gone it usually takes several years to gain back, at least in my opinion.

You will always question what he/she is doing if they flake on you or don't answer their phone. You will try to trick yourself into believing they have regained your trust but in all honesty it is very difficult to do so.

My ex cheated on me about 3-4 years ago, we tried to rebuild the trust but I found her falling back into old habits. This lead to me coming off as insecure because I would question who she is with or what she is doing.

Well, old habits dye hard and she cheated again.

Cheat on me once, shame on you. Cheat on me twice, shame on me.

I agree. Once that trust is broken its hard!

When the trust is broken, it is very difficult to repair. I am a cancer man, and i take the trust into my bones. Once it is broken the other really has to prove and convince me in order for me to try give in again. And it takes time...To rebuild. Once the trust is broken, u wont see the relationship the same as how it was once before... there will always be somethong holding back in your heart unless he/she did convince you why they really want to stay in. how can the relationship moves to the next level when something is holding back. One of my ex did gain my trust back, but she just did it once again to break it. So... i wonder why someone is stupid enough to break the trust, when its really hard to find the right fit already, and broke it and only to realize later that he or she lost it all...

When the trust is broken, it actually helps the dumpee to move on really quick. No? I am feeling that right now

I agree with both denxnis and dchin. My ex slept with another girl but he denied having sex, just cuddled. I got very shocked and couldn't actually believe he would do that after being together for 7 years. I'm also a cancer so I take trust and faithfulness very seriously. I always told myself if he ever did anything behind my back, there won't be a second chance.

Then I went against my own principle and forgave him. Heck, he didn't even allow me to discuss and talk about it properly. I was not allowed to ask any question about it. My only option was to take it or I could dump him. Obviously I was too blind to see that he was wrong.

That was 2 months before he eventually broke up with me. But the last 2 months I was walking on eggshells. I constantly worried he'll leave me. I was worried whether he was seeing someone else. I was worried for the worst. I didn't get angry with him for anything even when he did things I totally hate. I just accepted everything he did. That's how insecure I became.

When people do things behind our back, not only the trust is gone, the bond is broken right there and then.