Ex dating completely opposite girl

My ex of 2 years broke up with me about 6 months ago now, and so much has happened! I think he is experiencing gigs because he has become a party animal. These past few months I have hardly thought of the dude. He texted me about 4-5 times through the past 6 months and I gained back a lot of power and dignity by choosing to go NC. It has helped tremendously! I highly recommend NC.

However, I just discovered he is in a relationship with a girl completely different than me in every single way. Looks, smarts, personality, humor, race, every thing is different. When we were dating, he hated her because he thought she was so scandalous and dumb; but now he is sleeping with her!

There is no way in hell I would ever get back with my ex, but I feel so confused as to what is going on with him. I know my anger is stemmed from jealously because I just feel as though this girl has zero value, yet they look so happy together in photos. Do ex's typically find completely opposite people when they break up? We weren't terrible when we were together, so I thought he would find someone remotely similar to me.

I know I am still waiting to get over this boy. I have improved so much to where even if he was begging me, I wouldn't go back. Yet, I am so jealous of this girl! Any insight or advice on the situation? Has this happened to anyone?

I have not and never will date the same kind of guy as my first boyfriend. We had a great relationship for a while, but it didn't work.

Having your ex date someone that is the opposite is very natural. It just means that he is not sure what he wants, so he is exploring all of the different possibilities.

Stop looking at their photos. It doesn't do any good--everyone always looks happy in photos.

My ex is with someone that is by all appearances is my opposite. Me: Financially secure, own home on 8 acres, good job (don't like but great company, benefits & pay), no debt, no kids, attractive (petite, in shape, long hair, small chest) lotsa interest.. Her: Divorce, 4 kids, 3 very young, employed and going to school, no money, lotsa debt, military short hair....things he wasnt interested in or didnt want to get involved especially since he was turning 50.

• Author

They seem like similar situations. I'm petite, dirty blonde and my ex constantly made me wear undershirts to V-necks and I definitely couldn't show my shoulders or mid-drift. However, his new girl wears bikini's to every party she can! She is chunky, brunette-black hair, and definitely not fit. I just don't see how its fair that I had so many rules and regulations; then he breaks up with me and dates the skankiest, most revealing, obnoxious (I know her), and un-modest girl he can find! It goes against all the hell he put me through!

Redbirdinabrightsky

He may want to feel safe with somebody, and maybe that sense of safety is built up in how different she is from you, like opposite girl is a protection against the way you two were.

You really have to stop allowing yourself to feel jealousy here. It is not healthy, and, you've been broken up for 6 months now? What right do you have to feel that way? Maybe ask yourself that question the next time your mind wanders to thinking of that guy.

Think about the guy you want to date now, and how he will be better than the negatives of this past dude.

Stay busy, good going on the NC.