Getting your stuff back

I met up with a friend of my ex (she is kind of a mutual friend) the other day and she gave me my things that I had left at my ex place. The problem is its only like half my stuff. One of the things she kept is actually pretty pricey and there's other stuff she had no interest in while with me but decided to keep them?

So my questions are:

1). Has she gone insane? Who only gives back half? Seems like it would be easier to give all or none

2). Should I break NC, which I have maintained for a few months, and contact her asking where's the rest of it?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

1, Well she clearly wants to keep the expensive stuff for her own selfish reasons. Honestly what she keeps and what she gave back shouldn't concern you. Not crazy, but a little strange.

2, No don't bother. It's just an excuse for you to open up contact again which none of you want.

Do you really want it back, and why, or are you just a little Pi*ssed because she kept it?

• Author

im obviously confused and annoyed she kept some of it, more of a mind**** as it doesnt make sense why she would.

when i use to hear things about her id start missing her and want to talk but this time its more of a hassle that ill now have to contact her to get the rest of my stuff cause she couldnt just give it all back in one go like a normal person.

id like to stay NC but at the same time some of this stuff i cant just go out and replace and money is tight anyways.

Write her an email, outlining the stuff you consider to be missing, and advise her that you will come to collect it on such-and-such a date. Keep it cordial, but not over-friendly - almost like you'd email a colleague....?

Go with someone.

see what she replies....

Gottabestrong

Did you agree on a list of items to be exchanged before the meeting? If not, she might have just forgotten about what is yours if the breakup has been months ago. Maybe she put your things away and forgot where she put them. Or that she put them away.

Unless you are talking about items like a motorcycle, etc. it might just be an honest mistake. Don't over-analyze it, but ask her about it, or the mutual friend who gave you your things.

• Author

the stuff that i got from mutual friend i didnt know i was getting until i got them. there was no contact from the ex saying my stuff was on its way.

so i sent her a msg with a list of things she kept saying next time she is here (she moved 2hrs away from our hometown at the start of the year) to leave them with sister in law and ill collect them. she responds 3 days later saying she will bring SOME of them back cause she wont have much room and the pricey item she said was unreasonable for me to ask for as it was a present. i got this as a present for the both of us xmas last year as a moving out sort of thing (the plan was i would follow her to the new place until she ended things) so considering i paid for it i think i have the right to decide where it ends up?? this wouldnt be a problem if she didnt become such a tight ass!