Is it normal to miss her after breaking up with her?

I really never dated a whole lot, never been seriously involved with anyone.. but over a month ago this girl and I started dating and things went faster than they should, but we ended up spending a lot of time together - and I admit for the most part it was fun and we had a lot in common - but at the end I don't know, it was like I didn't feel anything for her. When I thought of her, I just.. I was empty.. I didn't feel loved.. I sat on it for a while making sure of what I felt.. in the end I broke up with her.

But now that I am spent my first weekend in a while without her, I feel that I'm missing her now.. but on the other hand when I was with her I wasn't in love... is this normal? how do I get over this feeling?

Sundaymorning

yes its normal. The pain goes away week by week. Everyday it will get better. Just stay with friends and family, do fun things, take care of yourself and it will get better. Keep up hope.

One always misses what they lost, no matter if it was good or bad.

Thanks Sundaymorning, it's just weird. I mean, when I was with her I was feeling suffocated because we was together so much.. and in the end I just didn't feel as though I was in love with her ... when I thought of her I really didn't feel anything. But now that I broke up with her, in a way I miss her... it's just we had a lot in common and enjoyed a lot of the same stuff and me being the type of person that will one day just wake up and just go somewhere, she would go.

It's just a catch 22 really, when I was with her I felt suffocated and just wanted things to be back to how they was before... I didn't feel like I was in love with her. Now that I broke up with her, I miss being with her and I'm finding myself just sitting around bored now.

You know, there was a time about 5 years ago where I felt like I couldn't breath with one of my ex's, who was up my okole 24/7. I would send her home and after about 2 hours, everything seemed drab without her. I started missing her and that's when I would invite her back over.

So, yes, it's very normal. Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have, 'til it's gone.

~V