makeup breakup pattern...is it for good this time?

My ex bf and I were together for three years, it was an international relationship. I live in the states and he is in Europe. When we first met this man was willing to move mountains to be with me, we talked about marriage constantly, the past year was rocky, we both had personal issues we were dealing with which put a strain on the relationship. Finally, I decided to move to be with him, everything was agreed and I would be leaving next month, then I got an email from him breaking up with me 3 days ago... claiming things just arent the same and that it is bad timing for both of us, and that my family needs me now (my father passed away 8 months and my mother has health issues) he doesnt want to take me away from my family and he cant move here now. He also stated that he just cant do it anymore and that he has tried his hardest but he has to think with his brain now and not just his heart, he also stated that he feels as if everything is working against us, and that even though he loves me all the fighting has ruined the magic we once had. He blocked my phone number and blocked me on facebook. Some background information, the past year we had gotten into a pattern of breaking up and making up after arguements...but he had never blocked me (although he had threatened). Something just keeps us going back to each other. This time I am afraid it may be for good because he has never gone to such extreme measures to not speak to me. In the past after one of our arguements he would need a few days to calm down but i would constantly call/text in fear of losing him and eventually he would talk to me. (yes i know not what i should have been doing but panic mode would take over when he would break up with me).This time I actually didnt go to my extreme measures (even though he blocked me I could have called his house or mutual friends or kept emailing him) what I did was I wrote him one email explaining that the decision for me to move was mine to make, and that I have taken care of my family obligations, and also told him that for three years we had been waiting for this moment and that we owe it to ourselves to at least give it a try. Also, there was no fight this time, he sent the email after a few days of not talking to me saying he wasnt in the mood but we did text. I guess what my question to anyone reading this is do you think based on our "routine" of breaking up and making up he will contact me again or is it really over since he blocked me?