How to get over someone who you find very attractive?

It's so hard just getting over him, I kept looking at his facebook and he posted a new profile pic, he got alot of likes cause he looks very handsome in it.

How do I stop thinking "what if he's the best I can get? What if from now on I'm gonna be extremely picky, and if I'm desperate enough, I'll have to lower my standards?"

I keep thinking like this. I hate it. I took the first huge step by ending our friendship and stopped contact for over 2 weeks now. I am attractive myself (alot of people compliment me on my looks), but everytime I think about him, I get insecure and hopeless I'm not sure why..

There are tons of cute and hot guys out there, but why am I so attracted to him? I'm confused with myself. Help please..:(

todreaminblue
It's so hard just getting over him, I kept looking at his facebook and he posted a new profile pic, he got alot of likes cause he looks very handsome in it.

How do I stop thinking "what if he's the best I can get? What if from now on I'm gonna be extremely picky, and if I'm desperate enough, I'll have to lower my standards?"

I keep thinking like this. I hate it. I took the first huge step by ending our friendship and stopped contact for over 2 weeks now. I am attractive myself (alot of people compliment me on my looks), but everytime I think about him, I get insecure and hopeless I'm not sure why..

There are tons of cute and hot guys out there, but why am I so attracted to him? I'm confused with myself. Help please..:(

You aren't over him yet,and if you are going by comparison of looks in potential dates you will not find anyone who measures up BUT when you are over him and you meet someone who you are attracted to looks might not come into it.....the person you are next attracted to could be the total opposite you just dont know....in opposite i mean short instead of tall brown eyes instead of blue...totally different values beliefs and personality....that kind of opposite....everyone who you are attracted to does not have to measure up to your ex or have the same features or build or anything.....if you give it a chance you could find a guy who not only is suited to you better but the attraction will take on a stronger connection.....especially if its mutual.....you have to get over your ex to move on first step no facebook perving....smilin.....good luck....deb

This is extremely common. Think about it this way: Have you ever been so in love with someone that their physical attributes don't bother you? Or, put a different way, have you ever looked a previous photos of your ex's and thought to yourself, "How did I ever find him attractive?"

When love is involved, and when you can see someone for who they are with their personality, intellect, and sense of humor, looks go away as the important factor and attraction to the personality and humor begins. Although you might consider your ex attractive now, that feeling will diminish as you get your feelers out there and date, date, date other people and find the qualities that make someone a good husband and provider.

SoulSearcher22

So true. I initially did not find my ex that attractive though she was very pretty. But the more she pursued me and the more we hung out, i started finding her blindingly attractive. Couldnt believe how awesome she was after getting to know her. Sucks that shes my ex now, lol

• Author
This is extremely common. Think about it this way: Have you ever been so in love with someone that their physical attributes don't bother you? Or, put a different way, have you ever looked a previous photos of your ex's and thought to yourself, "How did I ever find him attractive?"

When love is involved, and when you can see someone for who they are with their personality, intellect, and sense of humor, looks go away as the important factor and attraction to the personality and humor begins. Although you might consider your ex attractive now, that feeling will diminish as you get your feelers out there and date, date, date other people and find the qualities that make someone a good husband and provider.

Actually that HAPPENED. My first love was shorter, a bit on the chubby side, and has green eyes. I wasnt initially attrcted to him at first even though i always thought he was handsome. This guy is latino and has a slim body with a very attractive face. When my first love broke up with me it didnt matter how physically unattractive he is, i loved him so much it was extremely hard for me to let go. This latino guy was never my bf, but he strings me along for 4-5 months calling me a potential but then seein other people.

I am not shallow at all, i was never superficial. But ever since i hung out with this guy, i feel like im becoming one, just because im so physically attrcted to him, personality wise too. Sigh

Its hard to date other ppl without being picky :/