The Holiday Contact

With the approaching holidays, I am wondering the meanings, and what to do if one receives a Kryptic holiday text/contact from their ex. For example what if your NC ex sends something like a "happy thanksgiving" or "merry christmas" via text without any "how are you" or further message?

To be honest, I'm not expecting one. And I'm for sure not sending one. I'm still in too much pain.

I am afraid though.....there may/may not still be feelings on his side, I do not know. If there are any, I'm sure a lot stem from guilt. I would think this holiday season will answer a lot of my questions as I struggle to carry on.

1.) No text at all = he doesn't care, has moved on. Im cool with that..I continue to heal.

2.) "Happy Thanksgiving" text-What will this mean? He still cares? Just being friendly? Fishing for ego boosters? Sent out of guilt? I would think after hurting someone bad the honorable/moved on one would let the other

alone to heal...why kick a dead dog? But then you know how some people like to play games.

3.) How to reply? If you don't does it makes you look bitter on the holiday? If you reply with the "same" then whats the point? Both make you feel bad.

I realize to concern myself with this is silly. But it will be a rough holiday season for me as well as a turning point in my recovery process and I just want to prepare myself if I can. Truth is, I'm open to talking with him but I wont initiate it. I'd hate to text back ..yea same to you...nice to hear from you ..etc...if all its going to be is a game.

Again I know I'm over analyzing but this is what we do here at LS. What will others do if you receive holiday contact? And do you think you will?

I know I won't receive anything for the holiday's because I didn't wish him a happy birthday, he didn't wish me one, and so why would he contact me during the holiday?

If on the off chance he DOES send me something, I'd either ignore it or just say thanks. Just that one word. I really wouldn't get into a conversation or take it further than that.

When i was dating this most recent ex, he was actually still sending his ex before me happy birthday texts, holiday wishes texts. He never told me about this, and honestly if he hadn't have cheated on me with her I wouldn't have given a s.hit but I know that she never reciprocated with him, never initiated, he was the one always to do it and I know he was doing it purely out of guilt. He felt like crap for leading HER on when he cheated on me with her! After he did it, he apparently was like, "Oh yeah, now I remember why I dumped you. Sorry, I'm not leaving my girlfriend for you." So she got screwed over not once, but twice. He apparently "felt bad" about that, and it was only after one of her family members posted his text on Facebook calling him out that he finally got the hint and stopped.

Edited by KatZee

well i certainly don't expect a merry christmas (i'm in canada and thanksgiving has passed...and well i didn't get one anyway lol), BUT if i do get a simple merry christmas, it's def getting ignored.

why say merry christmas back to someone who doensn't want me in their life?? no thanks.

if she asks how i'm doing, i'll be cordial/brief.