Any thrilling tales of heartbreak, loss, revenge and recovery?

emeraldcity

I was wondering if anybody had any stories of how they eventually got over a break-up with their significant other? I would just like to know that there is some light at the end of the tunnel, and would like to hear the stories of those who have reached the other end of that tunnel.

I am wondering also if I am on the road to recovery. I still get upset thinking about my ex every now and then, but for the most part I am able to go about my everyday tasks without much interference. I feel lonely alot of the time, and miss the support I had from my relationship but I am also trying to see the break up as a learning process. Although I have contacted by ex, I don't spend every day in a mental battle over whether to contact him or not. I find it very sad the idea of never hearing from him again, but if it comes to that then there is nothing more I can do. It's been 8 months since D-day and this is my current status. How much further do I have to go?

Edmond Dantes exacted brilliant and thrilling revenge against everyone who stood in the path of his youthful happiness.

Hope that helps :)

o, baby, i feel you. i sweated my ex profusely. i moved away from him,and pointedly did not contact him for aboout a year before, honestly, i had moved on and was no longer comparing other peoples' thought processes to his epistemological prowress.

you're doing great, and you will do better. after sweating my boy and dating 'inconsequentials' for about a year, i found an even more terrific guy, and by then i was ready for him. congratulate yourself, love yourself, and let yourself be open to love again. when you go for 6 weeks without thinking of him once, you're ready. you are on your way; you are learning; and that's terrific. pain is often evidence of growth: with muscles as with minds.

when you go for 6 weeks without thinking of him once, you're ready. you are on your way;

However, if it was a bad situation, every now and then something will happen which will knock the stuffing right out of you all over again and you'll find yourself swamped by every wretched feeling you lived with in all its intensity.

Theoretically, this does cease to happen at some point.

Just Visiting

Hi Emerald;

I am in the exact same spot as you. I broke up with my ex 9 months ago. Our relationship lasted about 7 months. We have agreed to be friends via email. It still hurts not having him with me, and knowing that he went back to his former relationship. But I know I would be worse off if we got back together knowing that he has a hiding and cheating pattern. Take it day by day like I have. I keep coming to this site for solace and insight. Take care.

overseas2004

I had a bf I was living with for eight months. He had a lot of problems mostly mental. Even though I know that I would have a hard time living with him I still miss him and think about him alot. He totally dissappeared from my life two months ago. I have only seen him once since.

It really hurts and I still think about him everyday. Sometimes I still cry. But I have come a long way from the way I was the day he left and the month afterwards.

Take care... lol

My best advice is to stay busy...........work on self improvement...........be around friends and family who love you..........when you are busy, you will have less time to think about him and dwell on it.........get rid of anything that reminds you of him..........constant reminders can bring back pain..........

tenderhearted

emerald you are there, honey.

I mirror ever thing you have said in your post above. I am going about my everyday tasks, I'm loving my self, I'm learning more about myself everyday. I get sad sometimes about not having him in my life but overall, I know that this is what is best.

I asked him not to contact me and he went 26 days without doing so and when he contacted me this past saturday, I just felt like...yeah, ok. I don't feel the same as I once did about him. It has been 10 months since we broke up and right now I honestly don't want him back. I didn't know it until saturday when he contacted me though. So I see my progress and I thank God that I'm where I'm at today.

There wasn't any ONE thing that helped me get to this point. Time, the right attitude, acceptance, and most of all loving myself more.

Just because you think of him and get sad sometimes does not mean you are not over him. That is natural. You are human.

Revenge: I guess you could say I was a spiteful B****. Years ago I had been used as a 1 night stand and then dumped like a hot potato. As is turned out this guy was doing anything with a pair of legs. Months later this same jerk (I can't call him what he really is I'll get kicked off the forum) wanted round #2. Well....... I lead him on and got him to the point of almost no turning back. Then I looked at my watch and said I gee there's some where else I got to be. See ya. A$$h***. :p It sure made me feel better. What's more frustrating for a man? Got him where it hurt most ....... in his penial mind. :laugh: