Are you improving yourself??

NavyAirTraffic

Chi townD gave me a great idea, write down what you are doing to improve yourself since your ex left, where have you gone, any great stories, how it makes you feel..... Anything positive, write it down, I/we want to know!!!!!

Went out of town twice and kicked it hardcore with some buddies and some girls. Focused on working on myself, my car and my business along with working out to release the negative energy. We are much stronger than we think!

Its been about 2 weeks since she officially broke up with me and 4 weeks ago we took a "break"

I am feeling awesome now. Of course, these feelings are on and off but I am just not thinking about her and only doing what I gotta do.

Honesty speaking- I keep telling myself that that she didn't deserve me, and that she disrespected me and it is helping me cope like crazy! I have too much self pride to go out like that. Also, I have a lot of caring friends that have my back when I am down.

• Like 3

Exercise regularly

Staying single

Going through therapy w/ unresolved issues

Climbing more

Going skydiving next month (!)

Socializing more

Cut down drinking

Actively trying to learn new things

Pursuing new career path more aligned with what I want to do

Better budgeting/ purchases

Setting boundaries with all classes of people

Learning about what I want out of life and relationships and working to getting it/vs accepting what comes my way.

I'm a little bitter toward ex and how abusive/toxic she was...but she's living in a hell of her own making, and I'm glad to say that now I don't feel 1/10th as invested in her trainwreck as I used to be. I also can honestly admit to myself that I don't want her back, that I don't want to reconcile, and that she doesn't deserve me.

Edited by Jamesblame
  • Like 4

I renovated my house and started grad school where I left off! I had to drop out because I was his built in babysitter and had no time for it.

My life is way better now.

If anyone is hurting over some ass on here- it's time to focus on YOU!

I am still sad sometimes, but only over the wasted time... not the jerk that wasted it.

• Like 1
Exercise regularly

Staying single

Going through therapy w/ unresolved issues

Climbing more

Going skydiving next month (!)

Socializing more

Cut down drinking

Actively trying to learn new things

Pursuing new career path more aligned with what I want to do

Better budgeting/ purchases

Setting boundaries with all classes of people

Learning about what I want out of life and relationships and working to getting it/vs accepting what comes my way.

I'm a little bitter toward ex and how abusive/toxic she was...but she's living in a hell of her own making, and I'm glad to say that now I don't feel 1/10th as invested in her trainwreck as I used to be. I also can honestly admit to myself that I don't want her back, that I don't want to reconcile, and that she doesn't deserve me.

This is basically where I'm at.

My career is taking off, ironically, I finally have all the resources we ever wanted in order to have a family and all that.

I'm 1000% a better man than i ever was.

• Like 1

Wow! I never inspire great ideas! LOL!

The thing is, my Ex is never going to know all the great things I've done with my life. She's never going to know that I went to college and even graduated. She's never going to know that I got my PhD. She's never going to know of all the traveling and adventures that I've had. She's never going to know all the countries I've traveled to. But that's okay. Because I have a lovely, kind and beautiful wife to reap the benefits of my Ex's decision to go with someone else that she thought had a future. My wife heard my story before and she had volunteered to send her a thank you card. (little ego boost to me)

Future plans for me. I'm currently saving my money for my next adventure. I plan on cycling the Camino de Santiago. Riding a bike through southern France entering into Spain and heading west to the Santiago de Compostella. My wife isn't coming on this one. It's not her idea of a fun time to be riding a bike day in and day out. Getting all sweaty and dirty. She would rather be in a Spainish Villa sipping on wine.

So, in order for me to do my trip, I had to take her for an extended romantic weekend at a B&B at Macinaw Island over the summer. Hey, it's a give and take thing. By the way, the fudge is awesome there!

Re connected with friends

Looking for a better job

Eating healthy not crap like I did with her

Exercising 3 or 4 times a week

Lost 1 and a half stones.

Cut drinking down ( got worse for a while as you do after a break up )

Working on my music and hobbies

Enjoying not having to live in the pocket of a compulsive lying cheat.