Longest stretch of NC

Today is 4 weeks of NC, the longest i've went actually. Thought I might get a urge to contact her but haven't, seen her today twice and didn't even care, didn't feel anything. It's still uncomfortable living next door to her, but it's getting better everyday. Although a lot of days I really don't think I ever want to speak to her again, I don't think I will ever make the effort to anyways.

I think the biggest thing was saturday night I got kinda setup with a friends friend, talked for a few hours and really hit it off and she was really into me. It made me feel awesome, the best i've felt since the BU easily. Going on a double date this weekend, and really looking forward to it. I was unsure for a while if I was ready because I went on a date about a month ago that didn't go that well, but I know I am ready now. It's been 3 1/2 months, it's long enough.

The thing I seemed to find out was, part of what was stopping me from moving on was that it was my first GF and really the first girl to really show a lot of interest in me and I have to stay I was worried about finding it again, and I was really scared of never connecting so well with someone else, I still don't know much about the new girl but so far it's good and it gives me confidence there will be plenty more even if she doesn't work out either. But it didn't take long of hanging out with friends plenty again and trying to act like myself again that someone else was interested just helped a lot.

Just though i'd post about a positive day! Hope everyone else who was struggling is doing better :) :)

Simon Phoenix

Cool post, glad you are moving forward. I hear you on the uncertainty of finding someone else -- I very rarely find women I'm interested in for more than one or two outings, which is a big reason why I hung on to feelings for my latest ex. She was the first woman that I was into in more than a physical manner in years and a small part of me doesn't want to completely let go of it because of that fact. But the much bigger part of me just says "f--k it". I haven't talked to her in over a month and don't really care if I do. The part of me that wants to talk to her wants to talk to her more because of what she represents than what she is. I figure I was fine and happy before I started seeing her so I can go back to that. Pretty much there.

• Author

Yea that's exactly how I am. I just got to the point if she doesn't care and is fine moving forward without me whatever I will be to. The hardest part has been still seeing her, once in a while it really brings back a lot of feelings and hints she may feel the same way. But in the end, I just am really forcing myself to stop caring. No hate, no sadness, no nothing towards her. I still think about the RS a lot, but not to much feelings involved, moreso just remembering the good times.

Simon Phoenix
Yea that's exactly how I am. I just got to the point if she doesn't care and is fine moving forward without me whatever I will be to. The hardest part has been still seeing her, once in a while it really brings back a lot of feelings and hints she may feel the same way. But in the end, I just am really forcing myself to stop caring. No hate, no sadness, no nothing towards her. I still think about the RS a lot, but not to much feelings involved, moreso just remembering the good times.

Yeah, luckily I don't have to see her, though there are certain things that remind me of her (That stupid "Call Me, Maybe" song for one). Though since she is the sister-in-law of my best friend I'll likely have to run into her eventually. But until then, whatever.

• Author
Yeah, luckily I don't have to see her, though there are certain things that remind me of her (That stupid "Call Me, Maybe" song for one). Though since she is the sister-in-law of my best friend I'll likely have to run into her eventually. But until then, whatever.

Ya I get that, for a long time every time I looked into my backyard and seen the fence it would remind me of her since we did it together. And well, just her being next door is a constant reminder, I can't forget her like most people can with their ex, i've just had to get over her and stop feeling anything towards her. Seeing her was tough, I talked to her in person twice in the first week after the BU, oh man that was tough to act like nothing was wrong it made it a bit easier to be able to tell she was having a tough time with it to.

But the way I see it, i've had to deal with all of this already, there isn't anymore surprises, I can see her without it phasing me and could probably talk to her without caring to. And well considering this was my first BU and not exactly a easy one, I think it prepared me well I can't see any future BU's bothering me anything compared to this one.

notsosuperman

My ex girlfriend broke up with me 5 weeks ago. She contacted me a week later to head how I was doing and that she missed me. Since then, I have been NC. I have deleted her facebook, phone number, pictures and all that. Cutted her completely out of my life.. I had to..

The hard thing is, that I go to the same school as her. I am 18 years old, and this was my first relationship. I don't think I am in love with her anymore, I probably ain't, since I managed to get through the 4 weeks by being strong.. But I do miss her.. I see her almost everyday. I know she looks at me, because I catch her doing so, really often, and she has this kinda "sad" expression. Not about to cry or anything, but she doesnt look happy - at least not when she looks at me.

I am happy when I am in school, most of the time, and she sees that I'm happy, smiling and laughing and hacing fun with my friends. I don't know if that affects her at all, since she dumped me.

I have been really sad so many times during NC, because she didn't contact me, and I feel like I didn't mean anything to her and that she is already over me, even though she said she loves me and always will.

I know I shouldn't put so much into this, but sometimes I just can't stop confusing myself, and I keep replaying everything in my head.. Is it okay to cry after one month? How do I stop all this.. :(

I just had to get this out..

Edited by notsosuperman
  • Author

Took the final step tonight. Deleted her number, all her texts, and threw out everything from her, so the only place I have her number is in my head which I hope to forget soon. Figured it was time, i was just using the neighor excuse to keep her number which doesn't really matter. Also blocked her on facebook because I still find myself going to her profile once in a while even though it's all private and there's nothing new there, I wasn't sure about this because it could be seen as trying to get a rise out of her, but figured she'll never know unless she tries to go to my profile anyways so whatever.

The only thing that's giving me a hard time now is how she just cut me out seemingly so easily, after being somewhat close for over a year, and all the things I did for her not the relationship stuff, the neighbor stuff, that's what bugs me still.

Oh well it's almost the weekend. Really looking forward to my date on saturday it couldn't come fast enough :)

• Author
My ex girlfriend broke up with me 5 weeks ago. She contacted me a week later to head how I was doing and that she missed me. Since then, I have been NC. I have deleted her facebook, phone number, pictures and all that. Cutted her completely out of my life.. I had to..

The hard thing is, that I go to the same school as her. I am 18 years old, and this was my first relationship. I don't think I am in love with her anymore, I probably ain't, since I managed to get through the 4 weeks by being strong.. But I do miss her.. I see her almost everyday. I know she looks at me, because I catch her doing so, really often, and she has this kinda "sad" expression. Not about to cry or anything, but she doesnt look happy - at least not when she looks at me.

I am happy when I am in school, most of the time, and she sees that I'm happy, smiling and laughing and hacing fun with my friends. I don't know if that affects her at all, since she dumped me.

I have been really sad so many times during NC, because she didn't contact me, and I feel like I didn't mean anything to her and that she is already over me, even though she said she loves me and always will.

I know I shouldn't put so much into this, but sometimes I just can't stop confusing myself, and I keep replaying everything in my head.. Is it okay to cry after one month? How do I stop all this.. :(

I just had to get this out..

That sucks, it is really hard when you still see them. Everyone takes different amount of time and ways to grieve, whatever you feel is fine. I was still crying once in a while after over two months.