Facebook, blocking or unblocking?

Alright, so here's the deal..

My ex and I broke up about a year ago now, after dating for 2 years. It was a very bad break up and very tough, for me at least. I blocked her on facebook, along with all her close friends and family, shortly after the break up. So, my question is..To unblock her, or leave her blocked? I do think about the possibility of me seeing her in pictures with other guys, or having fun, drinking, etc. and that would make me a little jealous, if I unblock her. However, would seeing this stuff and coping with it, help give me that last push I need to finally get over her? I know that i'm close to being over it, I just get those thoughts every once in a while where I think about the good times we had and blah blah blah, and I don't want those anymore.

Any advice you have would be great! Thanks!

NavyAirTraffic

I would wait if I were you and you said it best "seeing her with other guys would make me jealous". Why subject yourself to that?? I think only when those thoughts don't bother you is when you should reopen the idea of unblocking her.

Question, what happens if you unblock her and her profile is no longer public? Are you going to send a friend request, will you wonder what she is doing, will it peak your interest more?!? Again I would hold off, it might help you but is it worth the risk of setting you back 1 year of recovery?

Alright, so here's the deal..

My ex and I broke up about a year ago now, after dating for 2 years. It was a very bad break up and very tough, for me at least. I blocked her on facebook, along with all her close friends and family, shortly after the break up. So, my question is..To unblock her, or leave her blocked? I do think about the possibility of me seeing her in pictures with other guys, or having fun, drinking, etc. and that would make me a little jealous, if I unblock her. However, would seeing this stuff and coping with it, help give me that last push I need to finally get over her? I know that i'm close to being over it, I just get those thoughts every once in a while where I think about the good times we had and blah blah blah, and I don't want those anymore.

Any advice you have would be great! Thanks!

the fact that you're questioning HOW you'd feel or react means that you are NOT ready to unblock her.

Why? what for? Why do you want to pick the scab' date=' let it be, let it heal.[/quote']

Exactly!

Look at the thousands of similar questions here about facebook and tweeter etc.

Its really comes down to one question: Why invite uneeded drama into your life? What does it do for you?

If you love drama then your golden I guess. Why even bother asking us?

ashtree-house

If you are asking these questions with yourself, it's probably not a good idea. When you are over it, and know that you won't care about her photos, status updates, relationship status.. you'll know. You'll know, and you'll unblock her without a second thought.

If you are asking these questions with yourself, it's probably not a good idea. When you are over it, and know that you won't care about her photos, status updates, relationship status.. you'll know. You'll know, and you'll unblock her without a second thought.

No, he will know hes there when he gets to a point where he could care less if she is blocked or unblocked. She would not be worth two mouse clicks to unblock. There would be no point too it.

There wont be a second though because his thoughts will be on himself or another woman altogether.

• Author

Thanks guys! I was just a little confused and feeling brave. Ha. I guess this is what Loveshack is for...help and reassurance. :)