Feeling guilty

We have broken up 4 months ago after a 8-month R. He broke up with me because he had felt that our R did not go into the right direction. He wanted to get married me. I thought we were wrong for each other and that he would abuse me emotionally as he did to his ex-wife.

He has sent me a few emails after the break up. The first emails were kind and forgiving. The last email was filled with blame, hatred and anger. He wrote me that he has a new girl. Also, he wrote that I have been a terrible woman who was looking for a rich guy. He told me that I did not want him because he was not rich enough. IRL, he is pretty rich. He had expected that I would get married him and he feels so upset about his money that he had spent on trips, gifts, dinners and other things.

But, the R was very romantic and passionate. I want to have loving memories about the R and feel good about myself. I want to look at our pictures and think that I was happy with him. But, I feel sad and guilty about the situation because of his behavior.

What is the reasonable thing to do in my situation? Shall I return him money/gifts?

Edited by Tres